Re: Good stuff! Pharo Compat, PetitParser

1 message Options

Re: Good stuff! Pharo Compat, PetitParser

Lukas Renggli
On 19 May 2012 23:51, Casey Ransberger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Germán, (CC Lukas because this message is in part about his work.)
>
> I'm looking at the projects you've posted on GitHub related to Cuis. This looks like great stuff!
>
> I'm particularly interested in your Pharo compatibility layer. There are a lot of applications in Pharo that I'd love to see running atop Cuis, especially PetitParser. Have you written any blogs or tutorials about it, or is it as yet mostly undocumented?

There are two blog articles, a book chapter, and various papers; all
is referenced here http://scg.unibe.ch/research/helvetia/petitparser.

> Also, Lukas: thanks for listening. Hoping to have PetitParser working in my favorite image soon; got it working in Squeak a year or so ago, but I'm not using Squeak so much anymore.

PetitParser has very small requirements to the host platform. The same
code that was developed in Pharo 1.3 also runs on VisualWorks, GNU
Smalltalk, VSE, and GemStone (I was told). There might be a few
extension methods necessary that you can easily spot with the tests
that should have nearly 100% code coverage. Let me know if you find
something that blocks you from using PetitParser in Cuis.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch