Re: Grease conflicts #packages with RPackage

Re: Grease conflicts #packages with RPackage

Mariano Martinez Peck
Anyone?

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

I was trying to build a new image with latest Pharo 2.0 with all the frameworks I use. While installing, I get a dnu in:

packageFromOrganizer: anRPackageOrganizer
"This method returns the package this method belongs to.
It takes into account classes and traits.
If the method is in no package, returns nil by now"
self flag: 'TODO: use anRPackageOrganizer, or better delegate to anRPackageOrganizer'.
^self origin packages
detect: [ :each |
(each includesSelector: self selector ofClassName: self origin theNonMetaClass originalName)
or: [ each includesSelector: self selector ofMetaclassName: self origin theNonMetaClass originalName]]
ifNone: [ nil ]

because "each" (which was GRPackage) dnu #includesSelector:ofClassName:

Problem is that "self origin" answers GRPackage. And GRPackage DOES implement a CLASS side method #packages that answers instances of GRPackage.....not RPackage...

So...which one do we prefix? GRPackage class #packages to #greasePackages?

BTW, there are yet more class side implementations of #packages, which are basically subclasses for the HelpSystem (CustomHelp). So we have for example SUnitAPIDocumentation, RegexAPIDocumentation, ProfStefAPIHelp, HelpAPIDocumentation, AnnouncementsAPIDocumentation.

Guess we should update the HelpSystem as well?

Let me know and I open issues/submit fixes.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Grease conflicts #packages with RPackage

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone?

use anRPackageOrganizer, or better delegate to anRPackageOrganizer

Cheers
Philippe

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Anyone?

use anRPackageOrganizer, or better delegate to anRPackageOrganizer

I didn't understand your answer.
Could you explain more please? I keep having this problem each time I build an image in Pharo 2.0....
I would like to at least simply rename GRPackage class #packages to #greasePackages.

Can I proceed and commit?

Cheers
Philippe

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Grease conflicts #packages with RPackage

Philippe Marschall
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Philippe Marschall
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Anyone?
>>
>> use anRPackageOrganizer, or better delegate to anRPackageOrganizer
>>

> I didn't understand your answer.
> Could you explain more please? I keep having this problem each time I build
> an image in Pharo 2.0....

That's what the method comment in #packageFromOrganizer: says:
self flag: 'TODO: use anRPackageOrganizer, or better delegate to
anRPackageOrganizer'.

> I would like to at least simply rename GRPackage class #packages to
> #greasePackages.
>
> Can I proceed and commit?

No, this looks to me like a bug in Pharo.

Cheers
Philippe

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Philippe Marschall
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Anyone?
>>
>> use anRPackageOrganizer, or better delegate to anRPackageOrganizer
>>

> I didn't understand your answer.
> Could you explain more please? I keep having this problem each time I build
> an image in Pharo 2.0....

That's what the method comment in #packageFromOrganizer: says:
self flag: 'TODO: use anRPackageOrganizer, or better delegate to
anRPackageOrganizer'.

Ok, but how is this related to what I ask?