Re: [Help-smalltalk] Has anyone written any code to generate RTF files for use (eventually) with MS-Word?

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Has anyone written any code to generate RTF files for use (eventually) with MS-Word?

Paolo Bonzini-2
On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 03:24, Rick Flower <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've got an existing Perl (ick!) script that builds an HTML document
> with a repeating set of data items.. I need to apply particular styles
> to some lines within these repeating sequences and I might be able
> to do that w/ GST but thought I'd ask first..  Of course I could also
> see if an equivalent library exists for Perl but where's the fun in
> that!

For HTML you can use Seaside or Iliad.  It shouldn't be hard to use
the classes as a stream, though that is really a question for the
implementors of the framework... Seb and Nico, any ideas?

Paolo

Re: [Help-smalltalk] Has anyone written any code to generate RTF files for use (eventually) with MS-Word?

Nicolas Petton
Le samedi 12 juin 2010 à 10:25 +0200, Paolo Bonzini a écrit :

> On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 03:24, Rick Flower <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I've got an existing Perl (ick!) script that builds an HTML document
> > with a repeating set of data items.. I need to apply particular styles
> > to some lines within these repeating sequences and I might be able
> > to do that w/ GST but thought I'd ask first..  Of course I could also
> > see if an equivalent library exists for Perl but where's the fun in
> > that!
>
> For HTML you can use Seaside or Iliad.  It shouldn't be hard to use
> the classes as a stream, though that is really a question for the
> implementors of the framework... Seb and Nico, any ideas?
Sure, to build HTML you can use Iliad elements. In Iliad each element
represent an html tag. They can also be directly printed on a stream. I
guess it's also true for Seaside and their canvas.

Nico