Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Stephen Taylor
On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 13:33 -0600, Jimmie Houchin wrote:

> If he actually provides
> something usefully such as a bug report with reproducible actions, or
> a patch, an appropriate approved actionable suggestion. Then we can
> treat  those emails with the respect due such emails.

That's what's so frustrating - *some* of Guido's complaints make sense.
And Pharo would be helped by helped by remorseless but constructive
criticism. But that's not what Guido's supplying.

> Jimmie

                 Steve

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Guido Stepken

The 22.02.2012 00:08 "Stephen Taylor" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-02-21 at 13:33 -0600, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
> > If he actually provides
> > something usefully such as a bug report with reproducible actions, or
> > a patch, an appropriate approved actionable suggestion. Then we can
> > treat  those emails with the respect due such emails.
>
> That's what's so frustrating - *some* of Guido's complaints make sense.
> And Pharo would be helped by helped by remorseless but constructive
> criticism. But that's not what Guido's supplying.
>
> > Jimmie
>

>                 Steve

Strip of or "Separate FORM from CONTENT". Like MVP or MVC. Some people intuitively understand my input, have a *unemotional reception* of *information*, others are just Professors, with emphasize on empathicaly teaching and educating (older) kids for the rest of their life! :-)

I know exactly, what i am doing and why, from the psychological point of view. I PERSONALY have nothing against anybody and its participation in the project.

But i *know* from my experience as project leader, that *all* projects, where project leaders tried to suppress criticism or "negative thinking" finally failed.

That's why i "play" the "enfant terrible" (think why this is a magic expression) here.

Tnx 4 understanding,

Guido Stepken

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Guillermo Polito
On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Guido Stepken <[hidden email]> wrote:
But i *know* from my experience as project leader, that *all* projects, where project leaders tried to suppress criticism or "negative thinking" finally failed.

Guido Stepken

From my experience in the software industry, project leaders does not provide value.  They do not manage administration (even if it's their work :) ) nor development nor software architecture.  They just complain about the developer's work without trying to make them work in a more efficient way or providing feedback to be transformed in something useful.

Guille

The 22.02.2012 01:38  "Guillermo Polito" <[hidden email][hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Guido Stepken <[hidden email][hidden email][hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> But i *know* from my experience as project leader, that *all* projects, where project leaders tried to suppress criticism or "negative thinking" finally failed.
>>
>> Guido Stepken
>
> From my experience in the software industry, project leaders does not provide value.  They do not manage administration (even if it's their work :) ) nor development nor software architecture.  They just complain about the developer's work without trying to make them work in a more efficient way or providing feedback to be transformed in something useful.
>
> Guille

In the small talk world coders are "VIP's", in the Java or C++ or Free Software world everybody producing instable code or messing up things is thrown out, as well as coders, that don't systematically address bugs, do not *preemptively* remove even unissued bugs.

Normally every bughunter opens issues himself, he detects while bughunting. Therefrom i *see*, what is a good team or coder, what/who is not!

Have fun!

Guido Stepke

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Guillermo Polito
You mean we should start throwing out inefficient people? ;)

Sometimes you *magnificantly* can improve development by reducing the team!

Re: How to cook Mr Popatoe Process?[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Guillermo Polito
Or the people in the mailing list :).

Or the ammount of useles threads.  So this one is closed for me :).  I have to do better things.

Have fun!
Guille

The 22.02.2012 02:22 wrote "Guillermo Polito" <[hidden email][hidden email][hidden email]>:

> Or the people in the mailing list :).
>
> Or the ammount of useles threads.  So this one is closed for me :).  I have to do better things.
>
> Have fun!
> Guille

So react *useless* coders. They *intuitively* feel, that i am right, what i tell! :-)

Experienced project leaders *know*, what i'm talking about.

My personal "Price of excelence of excelence of Smalltalk programming" goes to:

Juan Vuletich

http://www.jvuletich.org/index.html

Why? He *consequently* reduced Squeak and Morphic (named CUIS) to the MIN (without loosing any functionality even!!!), making it not just much faster, but removed tons of code, the pharo team is still addressing, *invented* new and revolutionary algorithms (thank you for *not making* a patent of it!) concerning the visability, scalability of displaying characters, GUI, and consequently removing all costy *deepCopy* and *depperCopy* of structures, consequently following the "in situ principle of dynamic programming", namely "objects not created do not have to be removed by GC". This is *extremely* speeding up Interpreters/Compilers!!!!

1st. price!!!! The Excellence of Excellence of Smalltalk programmers (I know some more guys, but he makes his work public and freely available for everybody to learn from!!!)

Thank u very much for this excellent work!

Have fun!

Guido Stepken