Re: Hudson Question

Lukas Renggli
> If I click on a artifact, say Seaside 3.0, is it then somehow possible to see the actual build script that was used ?

The build script deletes it after a successful build. Maybe the script
should be left there?

> I know about your github builder repository, and I learned a lot from it, but the scripts their do not seem to match 100%, or do they ?

Yeah, they should match 100%.

However note that I don't build images from scratch all the time, but
they build on top of each other:

Pharo --> Development --> Seaside 3 --> Magritte 2 --> Pier 2
                        \--> Seaside 2 --> Magritte --> Pier
                        \--> PetitParser

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Hudson Question

Lukas Renggli
On 26 August 2010 12:08, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If I click on a artifact, say Seaside 3.0, is it then somehow possible to see the actual build script that was used ?
>
> The build script deletes it after a successful build. Maybe the script
> should be left there?

Actually the build scripts are in the workspace. They are just not archived.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [SPAM] Re: Hudson Question

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 26 Aug 2010, at 12:08, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> If I click on a artifact, say Seaside 3.0, is it then somehow possible to see the actual build script that was used ?
>
> The build script deletes it after a successful build. Maybe the script
> should be left there?
>
>> I know about your github builder repository, and I learned a lot from it, but the scripts their do not seem to match 100%, or do they ?
>
> Yeah, they should match 100%.
>
> However note that I don't build images from scratch all the time, but
> they build on top of each other:
>
> Pharo --> Development --> Seaside 3 --> Magritte 2 --> Pier 2
>                        \--> Seaside 2 --> Magritte --> Pier
>                        \--> PetitParser
>
> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Well, I am looking at the scripts in the git repo.
There seems to be no script for Pharo (I guess you download core and run the tests).
There seems to be no script for Development.
I guess that Seaside 3.0 is seaside3.st + seaside3-komanche.st, but I am not sure.

I would like to try to build these myself (not that the ones from Hudson are bad, I just want to learn from this).

Sven

Re: Hudson Question

Lukas Renggli
Below the Hudson Build Configurations for the images you mentioned:

=== Pharo ===

mkdir -p "download"
curl --silent --location "$DOWNLOAD" > "download.zip"

unzip -p "download.zip" "*/*.image" > "download/download.image"
unzip -p "download.zip" "*/*.changes" > "download/download.changes"

build-resize.sh download 1280 800

build.sh -i download -s settings -s killtests -o pharo
build.sh -i download -s settings -s testrunner -s runalltests -o pharo-test

rm -rf download
rm download.zip

=== Development ===

build.sh -i pharo -s omnibrowser -o omnibrowser
build.sh -i omnibrowser -s testrunner -s omnibrowser-tests -o omnibrowser-tests

build-oneclick.sh -i omnibrowser -o Pharo-OneClick -n Pharo -t "Pharo
Development" -v 1.1 -c Pharo

=== Seaside 3.0 ===

build.sh -i omnibrowser -s seaside3 -s seaside3-komanche -s
seaside-design -o seaside3
build.sh -i seaside3 -s testrunner -s seaside3-tests -o seaside3-tests
build.sh -i seaside3 -s seaside3-swazoo -o seaside3-swazoo

build-oneclick.sh -i seaside3 -o Seaside-3.0-OneClick -n Seaside -t
Seaside -v 3.0 -c Seaside

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Hudson Question

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Thanks a lot, Lukas !

On 26 Aug 2010, at 13:26, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> Below the Hudson Build Configurations for the images you mentioned:
>
> === Pharo ===
>
> mkdir -p "download"
> curl --silent --location "$DOWNLOAD" > "download.zip"
>
> unzip -p "download.zip" "*/*.image" > "download/download.image"
> unzip -p "download.zip" "*/*.changes" > "download/download.changes"
>
> build-resize.sh download 1280 800
>
> build.sh -i download -s settings -s killtests -o pharo
> build.sh -i download -s settings -s testrunner -s runalltests -o pharo-test
>
> rm -rf download
> rm download.zip
>
> === Development ===
>
> build.sh -i pharo -s omnibrowser -o omnibrowser
> build.sh -i omnibrowser -s testrunner -s omnibrowser-tests -o omnibrowser-tests
>
> build-oneclick.sh -i omnibrowser -o Pharo-OneClick -n Pharo -t "Pharo
> Development" -v 1.1 -c Pharo
>
> === Seaside 3.0 ===
>
> build.sh -i omnibrowser -s seaside3 -s seaside3-komanche -s
> seaside-design -o seaside3
> build.sh -i seaside3 -s testrunner -s seaside3-tests -o seaside3-tests
> build.sh -i seaside3 -s seaside3-swazoo -o seaside3-swazoo
>
> build-oneclick.sh -i seaside3 -o Seaside-3.0-OneClick -n Seaside -t
> Seaside -v 3.0 -c Seaside

>>> The build script deletes it after a successful build. Maybe the script
>>> should be left there?

>>> Yeah, they should match 100%.
>>>
>>> However note that I don't build images from scratch all the time, but
>>> they build on top of each other:
>>>
>>> Pharo --> Development --> Seaside 3 --> Magritte 2 --> Pier 2
>>>                        \--> Seaside 2 --> Magritte --> Pier
>>>                        \--> PetitParser
>>>
>>> Lukas
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lukas Renggli
>>> www.lukas-renggli.ch
>>
>> Well, I am looking at the scripts in the git repo.
>> There seems to be no script for Pharo (I guess you download core and run the tests).
>> There seems to be no script for Development.
>> I guess that Seaside 3.0 is seaside3.st + seaside3-komanche.st, but I am not sure.
>>
>> I would like to try to build these myself (not that the ones from Hudson are bad, I just want to learn from this).
>>
>> Sven
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Hudson Question

Lukas Renggli
Btw, the variable $DOWNLOAD is defined as a build parameter and
defaults to the nice Pharo URL
"http://pharo-project.org/pharo-download/stable-core".

Lukas

On 26 August 2010 13:36, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks a lot, Lukas !
>
> On 26 Aug 2010, at 13:26, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>> Below the Hudson Build Configurations for the images you mentioned:
>>
>> === Pharo ===
>>
>> mkdir -p "download"
>> curl --silent --location "$DOWNLOAD" > "download.zip"
>>
>> unzip -p "download.zip" "*/*.image" > "download/download.image"
>> unzip -p "download.zip" "*/*.changes" > "download/download.changes"
>>
>> build-resize.sh download 1280 800
>>
>> build.sh -i download -s settings -s killtests -o pharo
>> build.sh -i download -s settings -s testrunner -s runalltests -o pharo-test
>>
>> rm -rf download
>> rm download.zip
>>
>> === Development ===
>>
>> build.sh -i pharo -s omnibrowser -o omnibrowser
>> build.sh -i omnibrowser -s testrunner -s omnibrowser-tests -o omnibrowser-tests
>>
>> build-oneclick.sh -i omnibrowser -o Pharo-OneClick -n Pharo -t "Pharo
>> Development" -v 1.1 -c Pharo
>>
>> === Seaside 3.0 ===
>>
>> build.sh -i omnibrowser -s seaside3 -s seaside3-komanche -s
>> seaside-design -o seaside3
>> build.sh -i seaside3 -s testrunner -s seaside3-tests -o seaside3-tests
>> build.sh -i seaside3 -s seaside3-swazoo -o seaside3-swazoo
>>
>> build-oneclick.sh -i seaside3 -o Seaside-3.0-OneClick -n Seaside -t
>> Seaside -v 3.0 -c Seaside

>>> Well, I am looking at the scripts in the git repo.
>>> There seems to be no script for Pharo (I guess you download core and run the tests).
>>> There seems to be no script for Development.
>>> I guess that Seaside 3.0 is seaside3.st + seaside3-komanche.st, but I am not sure.
>>>
>>> I would like to try to build these myself (not that the ones from Hudson are bad, I just want to learn from this).
>>>
>>> Sven
>>
>> --
>> Lukas Renggli
>> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Hudson Question

Lukas Renggli
And what is more, I will demonstrate that stuff at ESUG in the Agile
Seaside session :-)

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Hudson Question

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Hey Lukas,

On 26 Aug 2010, at 13:47, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> And what is more, I will demonstrate that stuff at ESUG in the Agile Seaside session :-)

Sadly I won't be attending, but I am sure we'll meet one day in person.

I just went over the scripts and once again, this is really incredible stuff.

You are really a very gifted developer. Everything you write is so beautiful, elegant and clean that it looks deceivingly simple. Seeing this kind of Smalltalk code is really a motivation for me!

Thanks again for sharing all this so generously,

Sven