Re: I got "Invalid BOSS file" when I try Polycephaly

Re: I got "Invalid BOSS file" when I try Polycephaly

Steffen Märcker
Hi,

I've attempt to use the Polycephaly package in VW 7.7 (on Vista) as well
and got the same error. Is there any solution suggested yet?

THX, Steffen

Am 09.02.2010, 10:50 Uhr, schrieb Björn Eiderbäck
<[hidden email]>:

> [...]
>>     errorProcess = a Process in
>> Win32SystemSupport>>ReadFile:lpBuffer:nNumberOfBytesToRead:lpNumberOfBytesRead:lpOverlapped:
>> Context PC = 82

>> Polycephaly.VirtualMachine>>execute:errorStreamDo:
>> Receiver:
>>     a Polycephaly.VirtualMachine
>> Instance Variables:
>>     listener = a Process in Process>>resume
>>     processes = a Dictionary[0]
>>     input = nil
>>     output = a Polycephaly.Pipe
>>     transcript = a TextCollector on: Text for '
>> visual.im created at January 29, 2010 1:46:35 PM
>> Autoloading Polycephaly from
>> $(VISUALWORKS)\preview\polycephaly\Polycephaly.pcl
>> Autoloading BOSS from $(VISUALWORKS)\parcels\BOSS.pcl
>> Extended class Lens.LensCommandVariable does not exist; extensions will
>> be installed when the class is loaded.
>> Extended class Lens.LensRegistry does not exist; extensions will be
>> installed when the class is loaded.
>> Extended class Tools.ExternalInterfaceFinder does not exist; extensions
>> will be installed when the class is loaded.
>> Extended class External.CScanner class does not exist; extensions will
>> be installed when the class is loaded.
>> Extended class Tools.ExternalInterfaceFinder class does not exist;
>> extensions will be installed when the class is loaded.
>> Extended class Lens does not exist; extensions will be installed when
>> the class is loaded.
>> Autoloading SUnitToo from
>> $(VISUALWORKS)\contributed\SUnitToo.pclSUnitToo suggests SUnitToo(ls)
>> '
>>     error = nil
>> Arguments:
>>     doBlock = BlockClosure [] in [] in
>> Polycephaly.VirtualMachine>>initializeListener
>>     errorBlock = BlockClosure [] in [] in
>> Polycephaly.VirtualMachine>>initializeListener
>> Context PC = 17

>> optimized [] in Polycephaly.VirtualMachine>>initializeListener
>> Receiver:
>>     an UndefinedObject
>> Temporaries:
>>     .self = a Polycephaly.VirtualMachine
>>     .readySemaphore = a Semaphore[1]
>> Context PC = 16

>> BlockClosure>>on:do:
>> Receiver:
>>     a BlockClosure
>> Instance Variables:
>>     method = CompiledBlock [] in
>> Polycephaly.VirtualMachine>>initializeListener
>>     outerContext = nil
>>     copiedValues = an Array[2]
>> Arguments:
>>     anExceptionSelector = TerminateException
>>     handlerBlock = BlockClosure [] in [] in Process
>> class>>forBlock:priority:
>> Context PC = 18

>> optimized [] in Process class>>forBlock:priority:
>> Receiver:
>>     an UndefinedObject
>> Temporaries:
>>     .aBlock = BlockClosure [] in
>> Polycephaly.VirtualMachine>>initializeListener
>> Context PC = 9

Re: I got "Invalid BOSS file" when I try Polycephaly

Björn Eiderbäck-2
Hi Steffen!

My (embarrassing) fault was that I hadn't saved the image before I tried
to invoke another (the clone of the current) image.
When I saved the image before I executed the code everything worked
properly.

Björn