Re: I need success stories

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] I need success stories

We have build a horizonally scalable system by putting F5 routers in front of X number of Seaside instances with a SQL Server backend. BIG-IP offloads SSL, caches all static resources and load balances using sticky sessions. Computing cycles and RAM are cheap, so I suspect getting a respectable throughput is just a matter of adding more gateways in the back, but don't quite have the numbers yet.

Cheers!

-Boris (via BlackBerry)

RE: I need success stories

Ramon Leon-5
> We have build a horizontally scalable system by putting F5
> routers in front of X number of Seaside instances with a SQL
> Server backend. BIG-IP offloads SSL, caches all static
> resources and load balances using sticky sessions. Computing
> cycles and RAM are cheap, so I suspect getting a respectable
> throughput is just a matter of adding more gateways in the
> back, but don't quite have the numbers yet.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris (via BlackBerry)

What are you accessing Sql Server with, ODBC?

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

Re: I need success stories

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] I need success stories

ODBC indeed; we're on VisualWorks and support there is quite solid.

Cheers!

-Boris (via BlackBerry)