Re: Json, javascript-core and magritte json

Re: Json, javascript-core and magritte json

Philippe Marschall
2012/2/3 Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:
> Hi phillippe,
>
> I was talking to Nick about Magritte-Json and we discovered that there is a glitch in using seaside with javascript and magritte-json in paralllel. Magritte-Json implements GRObject>>#jsonOn: which (from a magritte-json point of view) should be implemented in Object. In Object and descendants javascript-core implements jsonOn: So after loading both the situation is that Object has a jsonOn: method from javascript-core, GRObject has one from Magritte-Json and GRSmallDictionary has again one from Javascript-core.

Ah, cr...

> What would be your idea how to solve this conflict? Thinking about it I don't find a solution to integrate both. I think at least one needs to step aside using method name prefix or the like. But maybe you have a _good_ idea how to solve it.

They should obviously not conflict. First I though one should be
renamed. However on second on thought wouldn't it be better to define
Magritte-Json in terms of Seaside-Json?

In addition:
 - Move #jsonOn: from Seaside-Javascript to Seaside-Json
 - make the argument of #jsonOn: a canvas like #renderOn: instead of a
stream (this removes the need for JSJsonStream)
 - If we do all of this then we probably should move Seaside-Json from
addon to core
 - While we're at it also move Seaside-REST to from addon to core
All of these things would apply to 3.1 only.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: Json, javascript-core and magritte json

Nick
Hi,

(try again with reply all this time)

They should obviously not conflict. First I though one should be
renamed. However on second on thought wouldn't it be better to define
Magritte-Json in terms of Seaside-Json?

In addition:
 - Move #jsonOn: from Seaside-Javascript to Seaside-Json
 - make the argument of #jsonOn: a canvas like #renderOn: instead of a
stream (this removes the need for JSJsonStream)
 - If we do all of this then we probably should move Seaside-Json from
addon to core
 - While we're at it also move Seaside-REST to from addon to core
All of these things would apply to 3.1 only.

This all sounds sensible, and improving Json support is important for many application, though I'm not sure I understand how we solve the potential conflict between Magritte-Json and Seaside-Json. Apologies if I've missed something simple,

Nick

2012/2/12 Nick Ager <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> (try again with reply all this time)
>

>> They should obviously not conflict. First I though one should be
>> renamed. However on second on thought wouldn't it be better to define
>> Magritte-Json in terms of Seaside-Json?
>>
>> In addition:
>>  - Move #jsonOn: from Seaside-Javascript to Seaside-Json
>>  - make the argument of #jsonOn: a canvas like #renderOn: instead of a
>> stream (this removes the need for JSJsonStream)
>>  - If we do all of this then we probably should move Seaside-Json from
>> addon to core
>>  - While we're at it also move Seaside-REST to from addon to core
>> All of these things would apply to 3.1 only.
>>

> This all sounds sensible, and improving Json support is important for many
> application, though I'm not sure I understand how we solve the potential
> conflict between Magritte-Json and Seaside-Json. Apologies if I've missed
> something simple,

Seems to work so far, I hope I didn't break too many things. I haven't
updated the builder scripts yet.

Cheers
Philippe