Re: Looking for testers of the Newsgroup server

1 message Options

Re: Looking for testers of the Newsgroup server

Long Haired David
Forgot to send this to the other groups. Here we are.

In case you don't know, news.newcastle.ca is under threat of closing. This
provides a useful service to those who cannot get a decent news feed because
of firewall or other issues so we are looking to replace it with our own
public new server. This will probably end up as news.totallyobjects.com

"David Pennington" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> To keep you up to speed, we have been testing the news server locally and
> all seems to be fine, except for posting to ibm.software.vasmalltalk,
which
> appears to be an issue with their server.
>
> Over the next couple of weeks we shall be bringing the server up on our
> public machine. We are looking for up to about four people (we have a
couple
> already) who
>
> a) have a full feed to comp.lang.smalltalk and
> b) are willing to spend a bit of time comparing ours with theirs to see
that

> all is as it should be.
>
> We are currently planning to  mirror the following:
>
> comp.lang.smalltalk
> comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy
> comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin
> comp.object
>
> If Newcastle does disappear then we would look to replace the old local
> Dolphin group instead but I understand that this is being shut down in
> favour of clsd.
>
> Any other suggestions would be welcome although as we are totally
Smalltalk

> oriented, we reserve the right to restrict the availabilty to that area.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> GO SMALLTALK
> David Pennington - [hidden email]
> http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource
> Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

David
Totally Objects
Doing Smalltalk since 1989