Re: Magritte and many-to-many (possibly)

1 message Options

Re: Magritte and many-to-many (possibly)

Lukas Renggli
> I wondered if you'd be able to give me a bit of a Magritte pointer. At the
> moment I'm thinking I need to support a many-to-many relationship, and I
> can't see anywhere Magritte provides such support. I'm wondering (a) whether
> there's support and (b) whether I even need it.

Have a look at the subclasses of MARelationDescription, depending on
your exact requirements maybe also just MAOptionDescription
subclasses.

> I've got two lists, list A is the set of stuff from which list B could be
> built.  The two lists belong to different objects. There's already support
> for this in MAListCompositonComponent.

This one is used by MAMultipleOptionDescription.

> However, I then need support to go back and put stuff back from list B into
> list A, in the same form as was previously used to populate it, long after
> the original construction was done. MAListCompositonComponent seems to be
> one-way (ie, the model supports the idea of a list of stuff on it, ie one to
> many).

As far as I understand this is possible with
MAMultipleOptionDescription. Have a look at the references to this
class in Pier for sophisticated examples on how to use it.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch