Re: Magritte3

DiegoLont
Tobias,

Yes, I agree. We should have Magritte working for Squeak as well. Thanks for letting me know this is a problem. I know what I thought when I made this change: it is in a pharo specific package, so it should be no problem. Your configuration will fix this, so I uploaded this to smalltalkhub

But I wonder if we better save version 26 of Magritte-Pharo-Model as Magritte-Squeak-Model, so it will be clear in the future what version to use. Of course, when the idea is to incorporate FileModel into squeak in the future, then this configuration is fine.

Best,
Diego

PS: I have added you to the Magritte team on smalltalkhub.

Op 11 sep. 2013, om 01:07 heeft Tobias Pape het volgende geschreven:

> Hi diego,
>
> I am currently trying to load Magritte3 in Squeak.
> In the last years, pharo and squeak shared the platform
> code. However, In july you changed the backend
> for Magritte-Pharo-Model to FileSystem, which is normally
> great, however, it does not currently work in Squeak anymore.
>
> would it be possible, until a matching version for squeak is found
> or until we find a common solution, to use the configuration
> I attached?
>
> Best
> -Tobias
>

> <ConfigurationOfMagritte3-topa.48.mcz>

Re: Magritte3

Tobias Pape
[email change for pier/magritte list]

Hi Diego

Am 11.09.2013 um 08:19 schrieb Diego Lont <[hidden email]>:

> Tobias,
>
> Yes, I agree. We should have Magritte working for Squeak as well. Thanks for letting me know this is a problem. I know what I thought when I made this change: it is in a pharo specific package, so it should be no problem. Your configuration will fix this, so I uploaded this to smalltalkhub

Thanks.

> But I wonder if we better save version 26 of Magritte-Pharo-Model as Magritte-Squeak-Model, so it will be clear in the future what version to use. Of course, when the idea is to incorporate FileModel into squeak in the future, then this configuration is fine.

Yes, this name-chage is a good idea. Do you have an how to "rename" (or if, at all)
the (still) common part
        Magritte-Pharo-Seaside
        Magritte-Pharo-Tools
so it fits both Pharo and Squeak?
(a similar problem will soon exist in Seaside, I think, were the
Pharo platform code is mostly reused by Squeak, but is also named *-Pharo-*)

> Best,
> Diego
>
> PS: I have added you to the Magritte team on smalltalkhub.

Thank you. I'll try to keep it squeak-to-date :)

Best
        -Tobias