Re: [Metacello] About projects with Metacello

1 message Options

Re: [Metacello] About projects with Metacello

Dale
Mariano,

As a general principle, I think that it is a good idea to create a configuration per project, that way it is easy for different folks to use that project.

It _is_ also useful to create configurations of configurations that pull together a number of different projects into an easy to load unit. So creating a ConfigurationOfRefactoring composed of ConfigurationOfRefactoringBrowser, ConfigurationOfOB and ConfigurationOfO2 makes sense.

Apparently O2 and OB cannot live together in the same image (at the moment). Presumably the conflicts in this case can be ultimately resolved with a simple matter of coding:)

Even so, it makes sense to choose either O2 or OB as the default browser system that would be loaded if none were present, while being tolerant of both if they are already loaded.  This can be accommodated with Metacello, by using project level conditionals...

Anyway, my $0.02.

Dale