Re: [Moose-dev] weird cursor behavior by copy/pasting stuff

Re: [Moose-dev] weird cursor behavior by copy/pasting stuff

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
I just download the last Moose build from the server and i notice a weird cursor behavior:
If i copy/paste something either in a workspace or into a code browser i find the cursor at the beginning of the pasted code intend of at the end.
Is it a Moose related problem? Is it a new pharo feature? Or my image is possessed by the devil? Thanks for any help.

I noticed the same in another image, where KeyMapping is installed.
Maybe this is related?

Cheers,
Fabrizio

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Moose-dev] weird cursor behavior by copy/pasting stuff

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
I noticed the same in another image, where KeyMapping is installed.
Maybe this is related?
Keymapping also conflicts with OB. See http://forum.world.st/Chasing-Browsers-td4102608.html

Do we report Keymapping bugs in Pharo ( until SmalltalkHub is ready :) )
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [Moose-dev] weird cursor behavior by copy/pasting stuff

Tudor Girba-2

On 7 Dec 2011, at 18:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just download the last Moose build from the server and i notice a weird cursor behavior:
> If i copy/paste something either in a workspace or into a code browser i find the cursor at the beginning of the pasted code intend of at the end.
> Is it a Moose related problem? Is it a new pharo feature? Or my image is possessed by the devil? Thanks for any help.
>

> I noticed the same in another image, where KeyMapping is installed.
> Maybe this is related?

Most likely. It's such a pity that we cannot quite get to use Keymapping :(. It seems to be so close. Could we focus and push it to be fully compliant? I can help, but I need help as well :)

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"If you interrupt the barber while he is cutting your hair,
you will end up with a messy haircut."

On 7 Dec 2011, at 18:58, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
>>
>> I noticed the same in another image, where KeyMapping is installed.
>> Maybe this is related?
>>

> Keymapping also conflicts with OB. See
> http://forum.world.st/Chasing-Browsers-td4102608.html
>
> Do we report Keymapping bugs in Pharo ( until SmalltalkHub is ready :) )

I guess.

Doru

www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: [Moose-dev] weird cursor behavior by copy/pasting stuff

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 10:29 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On 7 Dec 2011, at 18:35, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Fabrizio Perin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I just download the last Moose build from the server and i notice a weird cursor behavior:
> If i copy/paste something either in a workspace or into a code browser i find the cursor at the beginning of the pasted code intend of at the end.
> Is it a Moose related problem? Is it a new pharo feature? Or my image is possessed by the devil? Thanks for any help.
>

> I noticed the same in another image, where KeyMapping is installed.
> Maybe this is related?

Most likely. It's such a pity that we cannot quite get to use Keymapping :(. It seems to be so close. Could we focus and push it to be fully compliant? I can help, but I need help as well :)

Guille is always arround, so I guess that if he doesn't answer is because he is really busy :(

Cheers,
Doru