Re: Neural Networks in Pharo

1 message Options

Re: Neural Networks in Pharo

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list

Hi Oleksandr,

Since you are interested in the implementation aspect of neural networks, may be you should take a look on heuristiclab (http://dev.heuristiclab.com/trac.fcgi/wiki); a general framework for developing heuristic algorithms (not only neural networks, actually).

The interesting part is that the focus is on the implementation aspects too. The approach adopted by the developers is a Software Product Line one which seems to bring significant improvement to the way the code can be reused and adapted to different/new problems.

Have a nice journey with Pharo ;)
Abdelghani

From: Oleksandr Zaytsev <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [Pharo-users] Neural Networks in Pharo

Hello.

I'm implementing Neural Networks in Pharo as part of my thesis
(object-oriented approaches to neural networks implementation). It would be
really nice to receive some feedback. So if you have any ideas,
recommendations, or critique, please, write me. What are the existing
projects or common pitfalls that I should consider? Maybe, you can
recommend me some nice book or paper on a related topic. I would be
grateful for any kind of feedback.

Here is the repository: http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Oleks/NeuralNetwork.
It's not much, but I'm working on it.

Yours sincerely,