Re: [OFFTOPIC] Update: Debris Publishing / Quuve Research & Portfolio Management Platform

Re: [OFFTOPIC] Update: Debris Publishing / Quuve Research & Portfolio Management Platform

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi mariano

what kind of help do you want?

Stef

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 9:53 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A while back our team presented Quuve [1], a customizable investment
> management ecosystem for professional investors. We also discussed the
> technologies employed to build it [2] (it is developed on Pharo and deployed
> on GemStone). We are reaching out again because we recently revamped our
> website [3] and created a number of promotional videos that demonstrate
> Quuve's power [4]. We would appreciate your help in marketing our wares!
>
> Quuve is the world's first fully integrated and customizable research and
> portfolio management platform. The system offers powerful features never
> before seen by the investment community and it empowers users to tailor
> tools in ways that accommodate their idiosyncratic investment style. In the
> coming years, customization, data-inheritance, shared databases,
> machine-learning, and robo-trading will become standard among investors of
> all sizes, and we expect Quuve will blaze the trail.
>
> If you have any questions about Quuve please let us know.
>
> [1] http://pharo.org/success/Quuve
> [2] http://forum.world.st/Fwd-Debris-Quuve-Technologies-used-td4819786.html
> [3] http://www.debrispublishing.com/
> [4]
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLfTMPTPc22sGNrm2rXt8kD-9iFTgqbAUG&v=zdm4CVse2Hc
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [OFFTOPIC] Update: Debris Publishing / Quuve Research & Portfolio Management Platform

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi mariano

what kind of help do you want?

Hi Stef,

We are now at the stage where we are ready to solicit individual and institutional beta users to provide feedback on the features and help with quality control. And after several years of self-funding the project, we are also actively seeking funding in order to expand our development team. As you can hopefully tell from our videos, we built Quuve from the bottom-up, and our goal is to build the premiere investment management platform for investors of all sizes. Though Quuve is already quite powerful, indeed far more so than most tools on the market, we have a long-term vision we wish to see through, and this requires partnering with an institutional user and/or raising outside capital in the near future.

Whether it be email blasts, reblogging about our software, or reaching out to technology investors you may know personally, we would appreciate any help you could provide that would assist us in finding these beta testers and institutional partners/investors.

Thanks,

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A while back our team presented Quuve [1], a customizable investment
> management ecosystem for professional investors. We also discussed the
> technologies employed to build it [2] (it is developed on Pharo and deployed
> on GemStone). We are reaching out again because we recently revamped our
> website [3] and created a number of promotional videos that demonstrate
> Quuve's power [4]. We would appreciate your help in marketing our wares!
>
> Quuve is the world's first fully integrated and customizable research and
> portfolio management platform. The system offers powerful features never
> before seen by the investment community and it empowers users to tailor
> tools in ways that accommodate their idiosyncratic investment style. In the
> coming years, customization, data-inheritance, shared databases,
> machine-learning, and robo-trading will become standard among investors of
> all sizes, and we expect Quuve will blaze the trail.
>
> If you have any questions about Quuve please let us know.
>
> [1] http://pharo.org/success/Quuve
> [2] http://forum.world.st/Fwd-Debris-Quuve-Technologies-used-td4819786.html
> [3] http://www.debrispublishing.com/
> [4]
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLfTMPTPc22sGNrm2rXt8kD-9iFTgqbAUG&v=zdm4CVse2Hc
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Mariano
> http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [OFFTOPIC] Update: Debris Publishing / Quuve Research & Portfolio Management Platform

Ben Coman
How are you approaching marketing?  Do you have any "lite" version thats free?
It seems to me that products doing this end up having the broadest reach.

For example take my history with PDFXchange. I first used it because I was searching for a free alternative to Adobe Acrobat with simple features and it had a good review. Two years later I forked over money for the family install (five PCs) since my requirements expanded, and PDFXchange was what I knew and loved.

If its a "good" lite product, people will be *very* happy to tell friends and colleges to get the kudos of sharing their "free" find, and you lower the perceived friction of people trying it out.  You will only covnert a small percentage of those to paid customers, but were those that don't convert ever going to buy your product in the first place?

cheers -ben

On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 10:50 AM, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
How are you approaching marketing?  Do you have any "lite" version thats free?
It seems to me that products doing this end up having the broadest reach.

For example take my history with PDFXchange. I first used it because I was searching for a free alternative to Adobe Acrobat with simple features and it had a good review. Two years later I forked over money for the family install (five PCs) since my requirements expanded, and PDFXchange was what I knew and loved.

If its a "good" lite product, people will be *very* happy to tell friends and colleges to get the kudos of sharing their "free" find, and you lower the perceived friction of people trying it out.  You will only covnert a small percentage of those to paid customers, but were those that don't convert ever going to buy your product in the first place?

Hi Ben,

We cannot agree more with you. The fact of allowing beta testers doesn't mean there won't be free licenses. Its just that as of today, we wanted some control over who gets in (mostly for security etc). We have discussed internally and we are willing to provide a free (limited) service and of course a "PRO" version to which you could upgrade. We are still defining this but this is in our short term list.

Best,