Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Oops! [Was package relative fileIns]

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Ken,

On 8/23/2015 12:43 PM, Ken.Dickey wrote:
> Wrong click!  Try this one.
>
> The problem came up with someone loading Cuis-Smalltalk-Morphit-master.zip, so Cuis-Smalltalk-MorphIt-master was the dirName.

It is a good addition. But your implementation fails when the package
name isn't equal to the category name, but a prefix. For example,
loading 'Signal-Processing', it works for FFT packagePath, but fails for
FloatImage packagePath.

This cleaner implementation works for both:

packagePath
         ^ FileDirectory dirPathFor:
             (CodePackage packageOfClass: self ifNone: [ ^nil ])
fullFileName

It will be in the next commit.

> The Portland Camp Smalltalk was much fun, BTW.  Met some interesting folks.  Showed Cuis to Gemstone and Instantiations people + general demo.   Found and fixed a few bugs.  Nice folks.
>
> -KenD

Hey that's great! Thank you! Where the talks recoded on video?

I could not find a program of the CampSmalltalk there, but saw some
pics. It looks like you had a great time there. I would like to join you
all there next year!

(cc Cuis mail list. hope you don't mind)

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

Reply | Threaded
|

KenDickey
On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:01:11 -0300
Juan Vuletich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> On 8/23/2015 12:43 PM, Ken.Dickey wrote:
> > The Portland Camp Smalltalk was much fun, BTW.  Met some interesting folks.  Showed Cuis to Gemstone and Instantiations people + general demo.   Found and fixed a few bugs.  Nice folks.
> >
> > -KenD

> Hey that's great! Thank you! Where the talks recoded on video?

No.  I don't think so.  Pretty informal.  First time I had tried the video out on my ChromeBook.  It works!

I had been showing the Unicode display to someone, so that showed up when I opened my laptop.  Mentioned that.  I  showed drag n drop behaviors with the PropertyEditor and MorphMorphs (MorphIt package) and then showed the puzzle pieces prototyped for planned Snap! style authoring (Emergence package).  Due to questions, I updated the README.md in Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps. Very pre-alpha, but there are documentation classes in the MorphIt and Emergence packages.

> I could not find a program of the CampSmalltalk there, but saw some
> pics.

I presume you mean Mike Taylor's pix at https://goo.gl/photos/QCQz77DKLPAPGY5x9

No formal program.  More like, "Anybody have something they would like to share?".  Who's next?

Of note:
  WireShark packet capture analysis
  Multi-programming-language editing (e.g. syntax hilighting and keywords in Java/whatever within JavaScript within HTML).
  Baby steps to Mist/Fog (smalltalk in itself w/o VM) bootstrap.
  Glamor (Pharo presentation framework) extension project.

I am the guy in the purple Apple shirt, BTW.  [Shows up as row 3 pic 1 in my browser].  I see myself in a couple of other snaps as well.  I must have been there.  ;^)

> It looks like you had a great time there. I would like to join you
> all there next year!

We all would be delighted if you could make it.  Might even get together an agenda/program for the event.  I heard that there will be another camp in Nanimo (British Colombia, Canada) in October, which I hope to attend.

> (cc Cuis mail list. hope you don't mind)

Not at all!  People came from as far as up from New York, Toronto, Boston, Vista (California).  I'll count Andre as from Salem (Washington).  Really need more folks from down south.

Wrote some code.  Found and fixed some bugs.  Met a great bunch of interesting folks.  Well worth the trip!

--
-KenD

-KenD
Reply | Threaded
|

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the report :)

Nice to see you!

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich

On 8/24/2015 7:33 PM, Ken.Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:01:11 -0300
> Juan Vuletich<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Ken,
>>
>> On 8/23/2015 12:43 PM, Ken.Dickey wrote:
> ..
>>> The Portland Camp Smalltalk was much fun, BTW.  Met some interesting folks.  Showed Cuis to Gemstone and Instantiations people + general demo.   Found and fixed a few bugs.  Nice folks.
>>>
>>> -KenD
>
>> Hey that's great! Thank you! Where the talks recoded on video?
> No.  I don't think so.  Pretty informal.  First time I had tried the video out on my ChromeBook.  It works!
>
> I had been showing the Unicode display to someone, so that showed up when I opened my laptop.  Mentioned that.  I  showed drag n drop behaviors with the PropertyEditor and MorphMorphs (MorphIt package) and then showed the puzzle pieces prototyped for planned Snap! style authoring (Emergence package).  Due to questions, I updated the README.md in Cuis-Smalltalk-BabySteps. Very pre-alpha, but there are documentation classes in the MorphIt and Emergence packages.
>
>> I could not find a program of the CampSmalltalk there, but saw some
>> pics.
> I presume you mean Mike Taylor's pix at https://goo.gl/photos/QCQz77DKLPAPGY5x9
>
> No formal program.  More like, "Anybody have something they would like to share?".  Who's next?
>
> Of note:
>    WireShark packet capture analysis
>    Multi-programming-language editing (e.g. syntax hilighting and keywords in Java/whatever within JavaScript within HTML).
>    Baby steps to Mist/Fog (smalltalk in itself w/o VM) bootstrap.
>    Glamor (Pharo presentation framework) extension project.
>
> I am the guy in the purple Apple shirt, BTW.  [Shows up as row 3 pic 1 in my browser].  I see myself in a couple of other snaps as well.  I must have been there.  ;^)
>
>> It looks like you had a great time there. I would like to join you
>> all there next year!
> We all would be delighted if you could make it.  Might even get together an agenda/program for the event.  I heard that there will be another camp in Nanimo (British Colombia, Canada) in October, which I hope to attend.
>
>> (cc Cuis mail list. hope you don't mind)
> Not at all!  People came from as far as up from New York, Toronto, Boston, Vista (California).  I'll count Andre as from Salem (Washington).  Really need more folks from down south.
>
> Wrote some code.  Found and fixed some bugs.  Met a great bunch of interesting folks.  Well worth the trip!
>