Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] add the CameraPlugin support for Mac OS. (#26)

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] add the CameraPlugin support for Mac OS. (#26)

Yoshiki Ohshima-3

I should have tested it.  Line 104 of

#define IOS 0

is supposed to prevent the compiler to see line 124:

[captureSession autorelease];

but we'd better have a different check.  I might not be able to get around testing things at least until the 26th, but if anybody can test it, that is great.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Yoshiki, I've merged the request. But there's still work to do for 64-bits. The error is to do with the Objective-C GC policy on 64-bits, which differs from the 32-bit system. I suggest you talk with John McIntosh to understand what's needed. Here's the error when I include CameraPlugin in build.macos64x64/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.ext

pcrePtr = (sqInt) pcre_compile(patternStrPtr, compileFlags, &errorStrBuffer, &errorOffset, NULL);

../../platforms/iOS/plugins/CameraPlugin/AVFoundationVideoGrabber.m:124:21: error: 'autorelease' is unavailable: not available in automatic reference counting mode
../../platforms/iOS/plugins/CameraPlugin/AVFoundationVideoGrabber.m:124:21: error: ARC forbids explicit message send of 'autorelease'
3 warnings and 2 errors generated.

You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or mute the thread.

--
-- Yoshiki

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Yoshiki Ohshima-3

In any case I pushed a simple change to my forks branch called osxCamera2.  With this change, at least it compiles in build.macos32x86/squeak.cog.spur and
build.macos64x64/squeak.cog.spur . At this moment I am confused with git and cannot make a sane pull request...

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Yoshiki Ohshima <[hidden email]> wrote:
I should have tested it.  Line 104 of

#define IOS 0

is supposed to prevent the compiler to see line 124:

[captureSession autorelease];

but we'd better have a different check.  I might not be able to get around testing things at least until the 26th, but if anybody can test it, that is great.

On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Yoshiki, I've merged the request. But there's still work to do for 64-bits. The error is to do with the Objective-C GC policy on 64-bits, which differs from the 32-bit system. I suggest you talk with John McIntosh to understand what's needed. Here's the error when I include CameraPlugin in build.macos64x64/squeak.cog.spur/plugins.ext

pcrePtr = (sqInt) pcre_compile(patternStrPtr, compileFlags, &errorStrBuffer, &errorOffset, NULL);

../../platforms/iOS/plugins/CameraPlugin/AVFoundationVideoGrabber.m:124:21: error: 'autorelease' is unavailable: not available in automatic reference counting mode
../../platforms/iOS/plugins/CameraPlugin/AVFoundationVideoGrabber.m:124:21: error: ARC forbids explicit message send of 'autorelease'
3 warnings and 2 errors generated.

You are receiving this because you authored the thread.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or mute the thread.

--
-- Yoshiki

--
-- Yoshiki