Re: PBE and OB

Alexandre Bergel
Hi David,

I do not understand what I should do to load the Package Browser.
Apparently, loadOBAlpha is broken in an updated 414.
I tried to insert:
        instClass ss
                project: 'EnhancedOB';
                install: 'OmniBrowser2';
                install: 'O2-Enhancements';
                install: 'O2-Morphic';
                install: 'O2-Standard'.

in loadOBAlpha, but this remains unsuccessful.
Any hint how I can load your browser in a Core 414?

Alexandre

On 26 Aug 2009, at 06:01, David Röthlisberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Lukas and me made it possible to load both versions of OmniBrowser
> into the same image, the OB version of Colin and my OB version
> providing the package browser.
> As we said we duplicated the package browser OB packages to be able
> to have both versions of OB in the same image. That solution is not
> too nice, but in the short-term it should be fair enough until we
> have real package support and can thus make the package browser more
> efficient.
>
> To load the OB package browser packages, you need to load all
> packages from this repo:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/EnhancedOB/
>
> You can then choose between OBSystemBrowser, O2SystemBrowser and
> O2PackageBrowser.
>
> If you find any problems, let me know.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>

>> Excellent and thanks a lot you two.
>> When you see that squeak is now doing all the same than us this is
>> really important.
>> I really appreciate your effort.
>> On Aug 19, 2009, at 10:36 AM, David Röthlisberger wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the package browser is again loadable also in latest Pharo by
>>> executing 'ScriptLoader loadOBAlpha'.
>>> This will load all required packages of OB as the package browser
>>> needs it. This means that there will be a slighly different OB
>>> code base in the image than what has been provided by Lukas' OB
>>> version.
>>> This also means that right now we can not use both browsers
>>> (Lukas' category- and my package based) at the same time.
>>> Lukas and me will work on making this possible on Monday.
>>>
>>> But note that you can use the system (category-based) and the
>>> package browser based on the OB code base I maintained at the same
>>> time; I think that's already good. I don't expect Lukas' version
>>> of the system browser to be much faster.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> David

>>> --
>>> ________________________________
>>> Mit freundlichen Grüssen
>>> David Röthlisberger
>>> Doktorand Software Composition Group, IAM
>>> Universität Bern
>
> --
> ________________________________
> Mit freundlichen Grüssen
> David Röthlisberger
> Doktorand Software Composition Group, IAM
> Universität Bern

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: PBE and OB

Damien Cassou
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Alexandre Bergel<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I do not understand what I should do to load the Package Browser.
> Apparently, loadOBAlpha is broken in an updated 414.
> I tried to insert:
>        instClass ss
>                project: 'EnhancedOB';
>                install: 'OmniBrowser2';
>                install: 'O2-Enhancements';
>                install: 'O2-Morphic';
>                install: 'O2-Standard'.
>
> in loadOBAlpha, but this remains unsuccessful.
> Any hint how I can load your browser in a Core 414?

As always, this is in the Pharo image because I spent quite some time
finding a working configuration. If you don't want to use Pharo (for a
reason I still don't understand), you may want to have a look at the
install script I add to each zip archive I generate. In it, you will
find the Installer script I use.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: PBE and OB

Stéphane Ducasse
thanks damien for your patience :)

Stef

On Aug 28, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Alexandre
> Bergel<[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I do not understand what I should do to load the Package Browser.
>> Apparently, loadOBAlpha is broken in an updated 414.
>> I tried to insert:
>>        instClass ss
>>                project: 'EnhancedOB';
>>                install: 'OmniBrowser2';
>>                install: 'O2-Enhancements';
>>                install: 'O2-Morphic';
>>                install: 'O2-Standard'.
>>
>> in loadOBAlpha, but this remains unsuccessful.
>> Any hint how I can load your browser in a Core 414?
>
> As always, this is in the Pharo image because I spent quite some time
> finding a working configuration. If you don't want to use Pharo (for a
> reason I still don't understand), you may want to have a look at the
> install script I add to each zip archive I generate. In it, you will
> find the Installer script I use.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
> popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: PBE and OB

Tudor Girba-3
A new dev image that does not raise the Trait exception would be
great :).

I tried to redo an image based on the 10422 core and the install
script of Damien, but it did not work for me.

Cheers,
Doru

On 28 Aug 2009, at 10:43, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> thanks damien for your patience :)
>
> Stef
>
> On Aug 28, 2009, at 9:49 AM, Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Alexandre
>> Bergel<[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I do not understand what I should do to load the Package Browser.
>>> Apparently, loadOBAlpha is broken in an updated 414.
>>> I tried to insert:
>>>       instClass ss
>>>               project: 'EnhancedOB';
>>>               install: 'OmniBrowser2';
>>>               install: 'O2-Enhancements';
>>>               install: 'O2-Morphic';
>>>               install: 'O2-Standard'.
>>>
>>> in loadOBAlpha, but this remains unsuccessful.
>>> Any hint how I can load your browser in a Core 414?
>>
>> As always, this is in the Pharo image because I spent quite some time
>> finding a working configuration. If you don't want to use Pharo
>> (for a
>> reason I still don't understand), you may want to have a look at the
>> install script I add to each zip archive I generate. In it, you will
>> find the Installer script I use.
>>
>> --
>> Damien Cassou
>> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>>
>> "Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
>> popular by not having them." James Iry

www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"

Re: PBE and OB

Damien Cassou
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:44 PM, Tudor Girba<[hidden email]> wrote:
> A new dev image that does not raise the Trait exception would be
> great :).

Could you please open a bug report and detail the process to reproduce?

Thank you Doru