Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] New Academic Partner: ENIT

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] New Academic Partner: ENIT

cedreek
First of all, thanks for the introduction Marcus.

Just that people know, and to introduce myself, I’m Cédrik Béler, associate professor at ENIT (Nation Engineering School of Tarbes).

ENIT is a French generalist engineering school in Tarbes (southwest of France).

I’m very happy that ENIT is now part of the consortium as academic member.

Pharo and Smalltalk have been a huge source of inspiration for me during my PHD back in 2004/2008, so I’m really happy to have a more concrete participation now.

My objectives are of two kind:
(1) use Pharo as a digital workbench to teach engineering students and experiment ICT trends like IoT (PharoThings/Pi3/PiZero/ESP32), AI, web applications (client/server, MQTT, API usage with Zinc, web scrapping with XPATH and Zinc and Neo…).
(2) use Pharo for my research to prototype Cyber-Physical Systems (mainly in the field of predictive maintenance) and Distributed Information Systems (called Singular Information System).

I’ll give a talk at ESUG as an experience feedback for point (1).

In the future, I’ll present our research development around CPS’s.

I’m also interested in developing a local user group. Some students get interested. In Biarritz, ESTIA, I also have some common interest in developing such CPS researches/platforms. If people from this area are using Pharo/Smalltalk, please do not hesitate to contact me.

To conclude, I’m interested in plenty of Pharo sub-projects like (non exhaustive list):
- The web/network stack (Zinc, Zodiac, Neo, XPath…)
- PharoThings
- Bloc/Brick/Roassal
- Wooden3D (VR and AR)
- Workflow
- Distributed networking (opportunistic, MESH, discovery, …)

See you soon over there,

Cheers,

Cédrick Béler
ENIT associate professor
Discord: cedreek#8178

Le 4 juil. 2018 à 11:27, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[ANN] New Academic Partner: ENIT

The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that ENIT has joined as a Academic Partner.

About
- ENIT Ecole Nationale d'ingénieurs de Tarbes: http://www.enit.fr
- Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org

The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.

Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:

http://association.pharo.org

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] New Academic Partner: ENIT

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Congrat Cedric for your position!

Alexandre