Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Success story Mobility Map

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Success story Mobility Map

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Wow. Very nice, well done.

Any chance on some more technical details, as in what 'connected by a message queue for the communication' exactly means ? How did you approach micro services exactly ?

> On 25 Sep 2018, at 12:20, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> As presented on ESUG here is the brief description of one of our current projects.
>
> Mobility Map
> ——————
>
> Mobility Map is a broker for mobility services. It offers multi-modal routing search enabling users to find the best travel options between locations. Travel options include car sharing, bikes, trains, busses etc. Rented cars can be offered for ride sharing on booking time letting other people find it to participate in the ride. Single travel options are combined in travel plans that can be booked and managed in a very easy way.
>
> For this project main requirements were scalability to serve a large user base and flexibility to add more additional providers to the broker. The application has been realized using web technologies for the frontend and pharo for the backend. Using a microservice architecture combined with a broker it is easy to extend the platform with additional brokers. Deployment is done using docker swarm for distributing dozens of pharo images among multiple server machines connected by a message queue for the communication. Pharo supported that scenario very well enabling us the meet the requirements with less effort.
>
> Pharo turned out to be a perfect fit to develop the application in a agile way. Small development cycles with continuous integration and continuous delivery enables fast turnarounds for the customers to validate progress.
>
> This is a screenshot of the search page for multi-modal results:
>

> <Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 16.54.30.png>

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Success story Mobility Map

brackendev
Yes, this is impressive.

I agree that any technical details and architectural insight (no matter how
high-level) would be useful.

Related: There's enough in http://pharo.org/success that it could be
sectioned by tags (industries, technologies, etc.). There's a lot there that
could really be showcased.

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2 wrote
> Wow. Very nice, well done.
>
> Any chance on some more technical details, as in what 'connected by a
> message queue for the communication' exactly means ? How did you approach
> micro services exactly ?
>
>> On 25 Sep 2018, at 12:20, Norbert Hartl &lt;

> norbert@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>> As presented on ESUG here is the brief description of one of our current
>> projects.
>>
>> Mobility Map
>> ——————
>>
>> Mobility Map is a broker for mobility services. It offers multi-modal
>> routing search enabling users to find the best travel options between
>> locations. Travel options include car sharing, bikes, trains, busses etc.
>> Rented cars can be offered for ride sharing on booking time letting other
>> people find it to participate in the ride. Single travel options are
>> combined in travel plans that can be booked and managed in a very easy
>> way.
>>
>> For this project main requirements were scalability to serve a large user
>> base and flexibility to add more additional providers to the broker. The
>> application has been realized using web technologies for the frontend and
>> pharo for the backend. Using a microservice architecture combined with a
>> broker it is easy to extend the platform with additional brokers.
>> Deployment is done using docker swarm for distributing dozens of pharo
>> images among multiple server machines connected by a message queue for
>> the communication. Pharo supported that scenario very well enabling us
>> the meet the requirements with less effort.
>>
>> Pharo turned out to be a perfect fit to develop the application in a
>> agile way. Small development cycles with continuous integration and
>> continuous delivery enables fast turnarounds for the customers to
>> validate progress.
>>
>> This is a screenshot of the search page for multi-modal results:
>>

> <Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 16.54.30.png>

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] Success story Mobility Map

Marcus Denker-4

> On 25 Sep 2018, at 20:05, brackendev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, this is impressive.
>
> I agree that any technical details and architectural insight (no matter how
> high-level) would be useful.
>
> Related: There's enough in http://pharo.org/success that it could be
> sectioned by tags (industries, technologies, etc.). There's a lot there that
> could really be showcased.

Yes, we have a lot of TODOs for the website that should have been done long time
ago and even more ideas… one of the things we need to see how to organize better.

        Marcus