classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Ann] TaskIt v1.0

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Great, thanks! 

Does TaskIt include implementations for combining futures such as the ALL and the ANY futures which resolve either when all or one future resolves? From the documentation it looks that rather not.

Norbert

Am 29.11.2018 um 15:29 schrieb Santiago Bragagnolo <[hidden email]>:

Hi everybody :). 

I am happy to announce TaskIt v1.0.

In this version we add some new features, passed over the red tests and clean up some dead code. And did a pass in the documentation  

A bit from the DOC 

Downloading

Current stable version of taskit can be downloaded using metacello as follows:

Metacello new
  baseline: 'TaskIt';
  repository: '<a href="github://sbragagnolo/taskit" class="">github://sbragagnolo/taskit';
  load.

If you want a specific release such as v1.0, you can load the associated tag as follows

Metacello new
  repository: '<a href="github://sbragagnolo/taskit:v1.0" class="">github://sbragagnolo/taskit:v1.0';
  load.

Otherwise, if you want the latest development version, take a look at the development branchs and load the latest:

Metacello new
  repository: '<a href="github://sbragagnolo/taskit:dev-1.1" class="">github://sbragagnolo/taskit:dev-1.1';
  load.
Major Features
  • Actors (ActIt)
  • Configuration Profiles
  • Service

Check specially the configuration profiles. The default profile usage is #development, which sets up the environment for debugging exceptions in a process.

I want to thank a lot to the contributors, Guillermo Polito Max Leske and  Daniel Sasu.
I want as well to thanks the users, specially to those that bring me feedback (blames and ideas) in person (Esteban, Pablo)  or through the different channels (Holger Freyther, Juraj Kubelka, Philippe Back).

I want also to apologise the delay of my responses on the issue board :) (Really, sorry). I am constantly using TaskIt in other projects, but much times I cannot do it my priority. 

thanks a lot, 

Santiago Bragagnolo. 

Reply | Threaded
|

Santiago Bragagnolo
Hi Norbert! 

We don't have yet implemented any nor all combinations. I will add it to the list of things to do for next release. Looks like a simple and useful thing to have. (Or if you have already something I wouldn't mind to integrate it)

Thanks. 
Santiago

El jue., 29 de nov. de 2018 17:36, Norbert Hartl via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> escribió:
Great, thanks! 

Does TaskIt include implementations for combining futures such as the ALL and the ANY futures which resolve either when all or one future resolves? From the documentation it looks that rather not.

Norbert

In this version we add some new features, passed over the red tests and clean up some dead code. And did a pass in the documentation  

A bit from the DOC 

Downloading

Metacello new
  repository: 'github://sbragagnolo/taskit';
  load.

If you want a specific release such as v1.0, you can load the associated tag as follows

Metacello new
  repository: 'github://sbragagnolo/taskit:v1.0';
  load.

Otherwise, if you want the latest development version, take a look at the development branchs and load the latest:

Metacello new
  repository: 'github://sbragagnolo/taskit:dev-1.1';
  load.
Major Features
  • Actors (ActIt)
  • Configuration Profiles
  • Service

Check specially the configuration profiles. The default profile usage is #development, which sets up the environment for debugging exceptions in a process.

I want to thank a lot to the contributors, Guillermo Polito Max Leske and  Daniel Sasu.
I want as well to thanks the users, specially to those that bring me feedback (blames and ideas) in person (Esteban, Pablo)  or through the different channels (Holger Freyther, Juraj Kubelka, Philippe Back).

I want also to apologise the delay of my responses on the issue board :) (Really, sorry). I am constantly using TaskIt in other projects, but much times I cannot do it my priority. 

thanks a lot, 

Santiago Bragagnolo. 

Reply | Threaded
|

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Hi Santiago,

Am 29.11.2018 um 17:48 schrieb Santiago Bragagnolo <[hidden email]>:

Hi Norbert! 

We don't have yet implemented any nor all combinations. I will add it to the list of things to do for next release. Looks like a simple and useful thing to have. (Or if you have already something I wouldn't mind to integrate it)

I don’t have it now but I think when we change to TaskIt we will make them and we could provide it then.

Norbert

Thanks. 
Santiago

El jue., 29 de nov. de 2018 17:36, Norbert Hartl via Pharo-users <[hidden email]> escribió:
Great, thanks! 

Norbert

A bit from the DOC 

Downloading

Metacello new
  load.

Metacello new
  load.

Metacello new
  load.
Major Features
  • Actors (ActIt)
  • Configuration Profiles
  • Service

thanks a lot, 

Santiago Bragagnolo. 

Reply | Threaded
|

Santiago Bragagnolo
In reply to this post by Santiago Bragagnolo
Hey those are good news :). Tell me if I can help you on that.

Santiago

El jue., 29 de nov. de 2018 17:55, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi Santiago,

Am 29.11.2018 um 17:48 schrieb Santiago Bragagnolo <[hidden email]>:

Hi Norbert! 

I don’t have it now but I think when we change to TaskIt we will make them and we could provide it then.

Norbert

Thanks. 
Santiago

Great, thanks! 

Norbert

A bit from the DOC 

Downloading

Metacello new
  load.

Metacello new
  load.

Metacello new
  load.
Major Features
  • Actors (ActIt)
  • Configuration Profiles
  • Service

thanks a lot, 

Santiago Bragagnolo.