Re: [Pharo-dev] Anybody using Orca Smalltalk to JavaScript?

Re: [Pharo-dev] Anybody using Orca Smalltalk to JavaScript?

Hannes Hirzel
On 8/14/17, Frank-B <[hidden email]> wrote:
[snip]

> There are currently three "candidates": ST2JS, Orca and PharoJS.
>
> As you can read in the second thread (see link above) the PharoJS image
> failed at first attempt. Therefore my question, are you aware of a working
> image?
>
> Second, is there anywhere some detailed information available about what
> PharoJS does and, at least basically, how it's done? (Side-remark: This
> part
> is excellent for Orca, I recommend the Orca papers. Brilliant concepts!)

Hello Frank

A question: you wrote earlier about an 'excellent' Orca documentation?
Where did you find it?

   http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/projects/orca/index.html
   has a demo video and installation instructions for server (Squeak)
and client (JavaScript)

   Or is it this paper [1] you are referring to?

Regards
Hannes

[1]
http://squeak.org/research/

Lauritz Thamsen, Anton Gulenko, Michael Perscheid, Robert Krahn,
Robert Hirschfeld, and David A. Thomas. “Orca: A Single-Language Web
Framework for Collaborative Development.” In Proceedings of the
Conference on Creating, Connecting and Collaborating through Computing
(C5) 2012, 45–52. IEEE, 2012.

Re: [Pharo-dev] Anybody using Orca Smalltalk to JavaScript?

Robert Hirschfeld
http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/swa/publications/media/ThamsenGulenkoPerscheidKrahnHirschfeldThomas_2012_OrcaASingleLanguageWebFrameworkForCollaborativeDevelopment_IEEE.pdf

> On 14 Aug 2017, at 11:02, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 8/14/17, Frank-B <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [snip]
>> There are currently three "candidates": ST2JS, Orca and PharoJS.
>>
>> As you can read in the second thread (see link above) the PharoJS image
>> failed at first attempt. Therefore my question, are you aware of a working
>> image?
>>
>> Second, is there anywhere some detailed information available about what
>> PharoJS does and, at least basically, how it's done? (Side-remark: This
>> part
>> is excellent for Orca, I recommend the Orca papers. Brilliant concepts!)
>>

> Hello Frank
>
> A question: you wrote earlier about an 'excellent' Orca documentation?
> Where did you find it?
>
>   http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/projects/orca/index.html
>   has a demo video and installation instructions for server (Squeak)
> and client (JavaScript)
>
>   Or is it this paper [1] you are referring to?
>
> Regards
> Hannes
>
> [1]
> http://squeak.org/research/
>
> Lauritz Thamsen, Anton Gulenko, Michael Perscheid, Robert Krahn,
> Robert Hirschfeld, and David A. Thomas. “Orca: A Single-Language Web
> Framework for Collaborative Development.” In Proceedings of the
> Conference on Creating, Connecting and Collaborating through Computing
> (C5) 2012, 45–52. IEEE, 2012.

Re: [Pharo-dev] Anybody using Orca Smalltalk to JavaScript?

Edgar De Cleene
Thanks to Hannes and Robert.
I have a old OrcaSqueak4.3.image , wish know if any newer is available.
Thanks in advance.

Edgar
@morplenauta