Re: [Pharo-dev] Looking for names for the booklet collection

Re: [Pharo-dev] Looking for names for the booklet collection

SergeStinckwich

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 4 mars 2018 à 13:21, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> I would like to make a distinction between booklet on Pharo
> technologies (Smacc, Voyage, Scraping ...) and the booklets more
> oriented towards teaching something with pharo (building an
> interpreter, a reflective language...)
>
> Right now we have The Pharo Booklet Collection.
> And I'm looking for two names

Booklet means small books or brochure.
I guess booklet is more for small books less then 50 pages, books instead.

> the Pharo academic booklet collection ?
> and
> the Pharo technology booklet collection ?

Maybe : “Pharo Textbook series”  for teaching books.

> Stef

Re: [Pharo-dev] Looking for names for the booklet collection

Pharo Smalltalk Users mailing list
Why not simply:

Pharo Tools & Technologies
Pharo Language & Environment

-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

On Sunday, March 4, 2018, 10:30:46 AM EST, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 4 March 2018 at 20:21, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I would like to make a distinction between booklet on Pharo
technologies (Smacc, Voyage, Scraping ...) and the booklets more
oriented towards teaching something with pharo (building an
interpreter, a reflective language...)

Pharo Applications / Inside Pharo

Over Pharo / Under Pharo

Right now we have The Pharo Booklet Collection.
And I'm looking for two names

the Pharo academic booklet collection ?
and
the Pharo technology booklet collection ?

Pharology / Pharocraft

cheers -ben

Re: [Pharo-dev] Looking for names for the booklet collection

Peter Uhnak
> Pharo Tools & Technologies
> Pharo Language & Environment

+1 ... simple, obvious, to the point

please no cryptic/"clever" names

Re: [Pharo-dev] Looking for names for the booklet collection

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2

On 04/03/18 11:49, Peter Uhnák wrote:
> Pharo Tools & Technologies
> Pharo Language & Environment

+1 ... simple, obvious, to the point

please no cryptic/"clever" names

+1. I can see Grafoscopio booklets in the first one, for example.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: [Pharo-dev] Looking for names for the booklet collection

Esteban A. Maringolo
>> Pharo Tools & Technologies
>> Pharo Language & Environment
>
> +1 ... simple, obvious, to the point

I adhere to this.

I add one more option: "Pharo Tools & Libraries"

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: [Pharo-dev] Looking for names for the booklet collection

John Pfersich
+1

Sent from my iPad
For encrypted mail use [hidden email]