Re: [Pharo-dev] Quitting the community

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Ben,

Thanks for letting us know.

I am sorry you feel this way, but I believe your presentation of the situation is both unfair and unfortunate. You are obviously referring to issues that are of personal nature, and as outsiders we are left with only an ugly feeling without being able to either understand or fix anything.

I was actually having fun until your email, and as far as I can tell, others were having fun as well. I am not sure what the intention of your email was, but at least for me, your mail did manage to spoil the fun for a second.

I appreciate the work you put in Pharo, I respect your decision, but I do not sympathize with your behavior.

Good luck,
Doru

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Benjamin <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello guys,

I am sending this email to explain why I am quiting the Pharo community,
as well as the Smalltalk community.

I can not bear Stephane Ducasse's behavior anymore whether at a public
level or a private level.

It seems that his ego is preventing him from being able to have a discussion
without overreacting, being agressive, or insulting.

I can not approve how Stephane is constantly talking behind my back to unleash
his irrationnal wrath and to provide his very own version of the facts.

I can not see how this can lead to a peaceful and respectful community
where we can all have fun building a future.

Therefore I will not be part of this project anymore, since the way Stephane
is acting is taking away all the fun I can have interacting with all of you.

It was a hard decision to take, but I can not be part of a community led
by someone whose behaviour is going against all my principles.

I wish to all of you to have fun, and keep me in touch
if you want to have a beer someday ;)

Ben

--

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: [Pharo-dev] Quitting the community

Maarten Mostert-2
No great things are achieved without great characters, Stephan has been doing a great long term effort of maintaining research budgets for Smalltalk and pushing a viable open source solution for it while the situation was pretty difficult. Like many of us he has some rough edges to and we shouldn’t  forget that each of us is driven by ambition, fear and frustration.
I really respect Stephan, but I also sympathise with you as I did with Janko some month’s ago. Nobody cares about any details, what we do care about however is that you would be lost for Smalltalk after such a great job !!!!

There is so much more to Smalltalk then just Pharo and some of these move considerably ….

Hope you reconsider at least that part of your decision.

Take care,

@+Maarten,