Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Johan Brichau-2
Would it help to depend on Zinc bleedingEdge (does it exist) in Pharo 7?

Johan

> On 18 May 2018, at 14:08, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven,
>
> it would be good to have a new #stable for Zinc (at least for recent Pharo 7).
>
> Pharo 7 now has  http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271651.html
> integrated - but loading Seaside loads the current (old) stable definition and with that
> an outdated Zinc breaking things.
>
> So one is still not able to use Seaside with the recent image and since
> http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-March/270564.html
> another two months passed by.
>
> Would it be possible?
>
> Thx
> T.
>
>
>
>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 um 23:07 Uhr
>> Von: "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]>
>> An: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>> Betreff: Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7
>>
>> Seaside is working ... but it is not possible to develop as by patching Zinc
>> the Iceberg tool in P7 is broken then and one can not commit anymore.
>>
>> So be warned when you follow and use the script below.
>>
>> :(
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>> Sven wrote:
>>>> You must be looking somewhere else,
>>>> http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents/
>>>> find 'Character-Encoding-Core', they are all there.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Hmmm ... mysterious ... I checked two times yesterday using a web browser after the
>>> loading trouble in Pharo and it was not there.
>>>
>>>
>>> Works now using:
>>>
>>>
>>> Gofer it
>>>          url: 'http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents';
>>>           package: 'Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core';
>>>          load.
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>  baseline:'Seaside3';
>>>   repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>>>   load.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> T.
>>>
>>>
> _______________________________________________
> seaside-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I am making a new #stable release ...

> On 18 May 2018, at 14:46, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would it help to depend on Zinc bleedingEdge (does it exist) in Pharo 7?
>
> Johan
>
>> On 18 May 2018, at 14:08, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sven,
>>
>> it would be good to have a new #stable for Zinc (at least for recent Pharo 7).
>>
>> Pharo 7 now has  http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271651.html
>> integrated - but loading Seaside loads the current (old) stable definition and with that
>> an outdated Zinc breaking things.
>>
>> So one is still not able to use Seaside with the recent image and since
>> http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-March/270564.html
>> another two months passed by.
>>
>> Would it be possible?
>>
>> Thx
>> T.
>>
>>
>>
>>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 um 23:07 Uhr
>>> Von: "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]>
>>> An: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>> Betreff: Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7
>>>
>>> Seaside is working ... but it is not possible to develop as by patching Zinc
>>> the Iceberg tool in P7 is broken then and one can not commit anymore.
>>>
>>> So be warned when you follow and use the script below.
>>>
>>> :(
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> Sven wrote:
>>>>> You must be looking somewhere else,
>>>>> http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents/
>>>>> find 'Character-Encoding-Core', they are all there.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hmmm ... mysterious ... I checked two times yesterday using a web browser after the
>>>> loading trouble in Pharo and it was not there.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Works now using:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Gofer it
>>>>         url: 'http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents';
>>>>          package: 'Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core';
>>>>         load.
>>>>
>>>> Metacello new
>>>> baseline:'Seaside3';
>>>>  repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>>>>  load.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks
>>>> T.
>>>>
>>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> seaside-dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev
>

_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Name: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.115
Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
Time: 18 May 2018, 2:50:59.292817 pm
UUID: a4690224-dc28-0d00-84dc-69110656fb9a
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.114

new stable v 2.9.2 (as synced May 2018 to Pharo 7 dev)

> On 18 May 2018, at 14:48, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am making a new #stable release ...
>
>> On 18 May 2018, at 14:46, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Would it help to depend on Zinc bleedingEdge (does it exist) in Pharo 7?
>>
>> Johan
>>
>>> On 18 May 2018, at 14:08, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sven,
>>>
>>> it would be good to have a new #stable for Zinc (at least for recent Pharo 7).
>>>
>>> Pharo 7 now has  http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271651.html
>>> integrated - but loading Seaside loads the current (old) stable definition and with that
>>> an outdated Zinc breaking things.
>>>
>>> So one is still not able to use Seaside with the recent image and since
>>> http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-March/270564.html
>>> another two months passed by.
>>>
>>> Would it be possible?
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> T.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 um 23:07 Uhr
>>>> Von: "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]>
>>>> An: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>>> Betreff: Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7
>>>>
>>>> Seaside is working ... but it is not possible to develop as by patching Zinc
>>>> the Iceberg tool in P7 is broken then and one can not commit anymore.
>>>>
>>>> So be warned when you follow and use the script below.
>>>>
>>>> :(
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Sven wrote:
>>>>>> You must be looking somewhere else,
>>>>>> http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents/
>>>>>> find 'Character-Encoding-Core', they are all there.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Hmmm ... mysterious ... I checked two times yesterday using a web browser after the
>>>>> loading trouble in Pharo and it was not there.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Works now using:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Gofer it
>>>>>        url: 'http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents';
>>>>>         package: 'Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core';
>>>>>        load.
>>>>>
>>>>> Metacello new
>>>>> baseline:'Seaside3';
>>>>> repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>>>>> load.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks
>>>>> T.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> seaside-dev mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev
>>
>

_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

CyrilFerlicot
Le 18/05/2018 à 14:52, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :
> Name: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.115
> Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
> Time: 18 May 2018, 2:50:59.292817 pm
> UUID: a4690224-dc28-0d00-84dc-69110656fb9a
> Ancestors: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.114
>
> new stable v 2.9.2 (as synced May 2018 to Pharo 7 dev)
>

Thank you!

It's great to be able to develop MDL and other web project in P7 now :)

>
> _______________________________________________
> seaside-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev
>


--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr


_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

CyrilFerlicot
In reply to this post by Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Le 18/05/2018 à 15:21, Torsten Bergmann a écrit :

> Thanks Sven for the #stable definition.
>
> That seems to solve the Zinc issue ... but now I run into a problem with #greaseInteger sent to a character
> in WAUrlEncoder class when loading Seaside-Core-Johan-Brichau.875.
>
> Screenshot attached.
>
> But #greaseInteger is not defined for Character, only for Number, Integer and String.
>
> To reproduce: I loaded Seaside from STHub using
>
>   Metacello new
>     baseline:'Seaside3';
>     repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>     load
>
> on latest Pharo-7.0+alpha.build.917.
>
I did not get the problem (yet).

Can you check that your local Seaside and Grease clones are up to date?
Iceberg does not manage yet upgrade of the local clones :(

> Thanks
> Torsten
>


--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr


_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
In reply to this post by CyrilFerlicot
CyrilFerlicot wrote
> Thank you!
>
> It's great to be able to develop MDL and other web project in P7 now :)

+1. Awesome!



-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html
_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev
Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
In reply to this post by Johan Brichau-2
Hi Torsten,

Thanks for taking care.

I can confirm, from a quick test, that Seaside loads/works fine in the latest Pharo 7.

I had trouble opening the Seaside Control Panel, 10s of deprecation warnings opening for the icon base64 decoding, I had to comment out the #deprecated: message send in #mimeDecodeToBytes:

I don't understand why the Grease stream tests are failing since they seem to be testing ReadWriteStream, a class that was not changed, at all.

Sven

> On 22 May 2018, at 22:01, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just as an info: after fixing the #mimeDecodeToBytes: issue with recent image 70934 and later it is possible
> to load Seaside again from GitHub using
>  
> Metacello new
>  baseline:'Seaside3';
>  repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>  load
>
>  
> into a recent Pharo 7.0 (load instruction as recommended on https://github.com/SeasideSt/Seaside).
>
> For the deprecated warnings you either "Proceed" or disable them for the time being.
>  
> 799 of 806 Seaside tests passes
> 470 of 457 Grease  tests passes
>  
> primarily failing to to non-compatible streams. Seaside and Grease tests seem to test
> some ANSI related things - who fail now.
>  
> _______________________________________________
> seaside-dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev

_______________________________________________
seaside-dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/seaside-dev