Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Johan Brichau-2
Would it help to depend on Zinc bleedingEdge (does it exist) in Pharo 7?

Johan

> On 18 May 2018, at 14:08, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Sven,
>
> it would be good to have a new #stable for Zinc (at least for recent Pharo 7).
>
> Pharo 7 now has  http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271651.html
> integrated - but loading Seaside loads the current (old) stable definition and with that
> an outdated Zinc breaking things.
>
> So one is still not able to use Seaside with the recent image and since
> http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-March/270564.html
> another two months passed by.
>
> Would it be possible?
>
> Thx
> T.
>

>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 um 23:07 Uhr
>> Von: "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]>
>> An: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>> Betreff: Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7
>>
>> Seaside is working ... but it is not possible to develop as by patching Zinc
>> the Iceberg tool in P7 is broken then and one can not commit anymore.
>>
>> So be warned when you follow and use the script below.
>>
>> :(

>>> Hmmm ... mysterious ... I checked two times yesterday using a web browser after the
>>>

>>> Works now using:
>>>

>>> Gofer it
>>>          url: 'http://mc.stfx.eu/ZincHTTPComponents';
>>>           package: 'Zinc-Character-Encoding-Core';
>>>          load.
>>>
>>> Metacello new
>>>  baseline:'Seaside3';
>>>   repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>>>   load.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> T.

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I am making a new #stable release ...

> On 18 May 2018, at 14:46, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would it help to depend on Zinc bleedingEdge (does it exist) in Pharo 7?
>
> Johan
>
>> On 18 May 2018, at 14:08, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Sven,
>>
>> it would be good to have a new #stable for Zinc (at least for recent Pharo 7).
>>
>> Pharo 7 now has  http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271651.html
>> integrated - but loading Seaside loads the current (old) stable definition and with that
>> an outdated Zinc breaking things.
>>
>> So one is still not able to use Seaside with the recent image and since
>> http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-March/270564.html
>> another two months passed by.
>>
>> Would it be possible?
>>
>> Thx
>> T.
>>

>>> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 22. März 2018 um 23:07 Uhr
>>> Von: "Torsten Bergmann" <[hidden email]>
>>> An: [hidden email], [hidden email]
>>> Betreff: Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7
>>>
>>> Seaside is working ... but it is not possible to develop as by patching Zinc
>>> the Iceberg tool in P7 is broken then and one can not commit anymore.
>>>
>>> So be warned when you follow and use the script below.
>>>
>>> :(

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Name: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.115
Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
Time: 18 May 2018, 2:50:59.292817 pm
UUID: a4690224-dc28-0d00-84dc-69110656fb9a
Ancestors: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.114

new stable v 2.9.2 (as synced May 2018 to Pharo 7 dev)

> On 18 May 2018, at 14:48, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am making a new #stable release ...
>
>> On 18 May 2018, at 14:46, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Would it help to depend on Zinc bleedingEdge (does it exist) in Pharo 7?
>>
>> Johan
>>
>>> On 18 May 2018, at 14:08, Torsten Bergmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Sven,
>>>
>>> it would be good to have a new #stable for Zinc (at least for recent Pharo 7).
>>>
>>> Pharo 7 now has  http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-May/271651.html
>>> integrated - but loading Seaside loads the current (old) stable definition and with that
>>> an outdated Zinc breaking things.
>>>
>>> So one is still not able to use Seaside with the recent image and since
>>> http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-dev_lists.pharo.org/2018-March/270564.html
>>> another two months passed by.
>>>
>>> Would it be possible?
>>>
>>> Thx
>>> T.

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

CyrilFerlicot
Le 18/05/2018 à 14:52, Sven Van Caekenberghe a écrit :
> Name: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.115
> Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
> Time: 18 May 2018, 2:50:59.292817 pm
> UUID: a4690224-dc28-0d00-84dc-69110656fb9a
> Ancestors: ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents-SvenVanCaekenberghe.114
>
> new stable v 2.9.2 (as synced May 2018 to Pharo 7 dev)

Thank you!

It's great to be able to develop MDL and other web project in P7 now :)

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Le 18/05/2018 à 15:21, Torsten Bergmann a écrit :

> Thanks Sven for the #stable definition.
>
> That seems to solve the Zinc issue ... but now I run into a problem with #greaseInteger sent to a character
> in WAUrlEncoder class when loading Seaside-Core-Johan-Brichau.875.
>
> Screenshot attached.
>
> But #greaseInteger is not defined for Character, only for Number, Integer and String.
>
> To reproduce: I loaded Seaside from STHub using
>
>   Metacello new
>     baseline:'Seaside3';
>     repository: 'github://SeasideSt/Seaside:master/repository';
>     load
>
> on latest Pharo-7.0+alpha.build.917.

I did not get the problem (yet).

Can you check that your local Seaside and Grease clones are up to date?
Iceberg does not manage yet upgrade of the local clones :(

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
CyrilFerlicot wrote
> Thank you!
>
> It's great to be able to develop MDL and other web project in P7 now :)

+1. Awesome!

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Seaside-Development-f1294793.html
Sean

Re: [Pharo-dev] Seaside loading broken in Pharo 7

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Torsten,

Thanks for taking care.

I can confirm, from a quick test, that Seaside loads/works fine in the latest Pharo 7.

I had trouble opening the Seaside Control Panel, 10s of deprecation warnings opening for the icon base64 decoding, I had to comment out the #deprecated: message send in #mimeDecodeToBytes:

I don't understand why the Grease stream tests are failing since they seem to be testing ReadWriteStream, a class that was not changed, at all.

Sven