Re: [Pharo-dev] Things that may be of interest in terms of time zone / geospatial mapping.

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-dev] Things that may be of interest in terms of time zone / geospatial mapping.

aglynn42

In terms of integrating Pharo with any of these technologies, it can be done with Apache Synapse, and/or a combination of JINI (Apache River) services mapped to their Vert.x equivalents.  (using Stamp or VerStix).

I have the code for the latter. If anyone wants it I can clean it up to be presentable and put it on GitHub.

The former can be done via Synapse configuration, including adding the requisite Axis2 protocol.

Of course, already written code is also easier to port than new code is to write, generally speaking.

Since a number of the projects call out to publicly available resources, those would be relatively easy to rewrite in Pharo.

In any case, there are at least a couple of articles / projects that may be of interest.

Apologies for the length of the post – if it’s not of interest just skip it.

Andrew Glynn

From the Eclipse Foundation newsletter:

Eclipse Newsletter - 2017.11.22

Location Matters

Editor's Note

There is an assumption that up to 80% of all objects and activities are linked to a specific and unique location, permanently or at any given time. This implies that a majority of all - big and small - data has a spatial or spatial-temporal component. Something that is of great value for asset management, remote sensing, IoT, and autonomous cars, just to name a few. No wonder that geospatial technology has become the must-have in many commercial and industrial applications.

LocationTech, an Eclipse Foundation Working Group for spatially aware technology, is the home for Big (and smaller) Geospatial Data processing and visualization components and development tools. Within LocationTech, a variety of stakeholders collaborate on projects that deal with the various challenges presented by the 'Big Data V's'.

This issue of the Eclipse Newsletter is dedicated to some of the latest Big Geospatial Data development projects available. We kick off with an article about the open source geospatial toolkit, JTS 1.15. We then explore LocationTech GeoTrellis before moving on to two case studies: 1) exactEarth and GeoMesa being used for Hurricane Harvey and 2) Spatial Data and Precision Agriculture. Finally, we learn what's new in GeoGig 1.2.

You are welcome to join the conversation, participate, and benefit regardless of background - industry, government, science, or academia, etc.

We'd like to thank the Eclipse LocationTech community for contributing these articles. It was a great pleasure to work with each author and the community as a whole.

Articles

Geospatial starts with Geometry

A cornerstone of the open source geospatial toolkit, JTS 1.15 brings spatial data types, spatial relationships, and spatial operations for processing geometries to the Eclipse Foundation.

LocationTech GeoTrellis - What's New

GeoTrellis continues to advance the field of distributed processing of geospatial imagery and raster data.

Maritime Location Intelligence with exactEarth data and LocationTech GeoMesa

The CCRI team shows how exactEarth’s maritime dataset was used with GeoMesa to explore shipping traffic during Hurricane Harvey.

Spatial Data and Precision Agriculture

Witness the power of LocationTech software when used as a tool for precision agriculture and large scale farming.

LocationTech GeoGig 1.2.0 now released!

GeoGig 1.2 delivers improved usability with QGIS, better Replication and support for GeoServer 2.12.

Articles

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/november/images/2.png

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/november/images/3.png

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/november/images/4.png

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/november/images/5.png

LocationTech GeoGig 1.2.0 now released!

GeoGig 1.2 delivers improved usability with QGIS, better Replication and support for GeoServer 2.12.

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/november/images/6.png

What is FOSS4G NA 2018

Get a sneak peek at the premier 2018 North American conference and tradeshow for all things open source geospatial comes to St. Louis, MO.

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/november/images/locationtech.png

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/august/images/blackbar.png

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/november/images/phaser_dino.png

https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/august/images/blackbar.png