Re: [Pharo-dev] please test download for Pharo 6.0

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-dev] please test download for Pharo 6.0

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Marcus,

> On Jun 1, 2017, at 2:36 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 31 May 2017, at 17:11, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> OK, I quickly tested the Mac 32 and 64 bit versions, installing some code, running unit tests, clicking around. Both are working perfectly.
>>
>> The Pharo Welcome window with the clickable coloured links and the tabs is particularly nice.
>>
>> The need to move to /Applications is just one thing, you also have to allow the app to actually run (with my settings, by right clicking on it, and giving permission; but even then it stops the first time and only runs the second time; no big deal for me but it might be confusing for others).
>>

> I am looking into signing… but as we did not have it for Pharo5, it should not hold up the release.
>
> The /Applications thing is related to signing, too. (the container, we should ship it with a signed .dmg).

If possible please include the code in opensmalltalk/vm.  There are good starting points:

In {build.macos32x86,build.macos64x64}/newspeak.cog.spur/installer is code that builds the newspeak .dmg, but does not sign it.  There's a Makefile.

In {build.macos32x86,build.macos64x64}/common/Makefile.app is code to sign an .app bundle using codesign.  The certificate to use is indicated via an environment variable as described in  {build.macos32x86,build.macos64x64}/HowToBuild.

> I will look into it for next week, but this is a bit independend of the release..
>
>    Marcus

HTH
Eliot