Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Simon Denier-3
So what has to be done to have one's custom Glamour browser in Seaside?

- subclass SGLComponent
- define #browser and #model
- registerAsApplication: 'my/custom/app'

I am not sure how to use SGLDefaultComponent

On 26 sept. 2010, at 23:15, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are happy to announce the first version of Glamour on Seaside. This work was carried out by Andrei Vasile Chis and was sponsored by ESUG. The project offers a Seaside-based rendering of Glamour browsers. In other words, once you have a browser in Glamour, you can now simply display it on the web.
>
> You can obtain the code in two ways:
> - Nightly built image:
> http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/moose-seaside/*zip*/moose-seaside.zip
> - Metacello configuration loadable in Pharo 1.1 (not Core)
> Gofer new
> squeaksource: 'Glamour';
> package: 'ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside';
> load.
> (Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfGlamourSeaside) loadDefault.
>
> A couple of examples are available on the Moose server:
> http://online.moosetechnology.org/glamour/basicExamples (a number of example browsers)
> http://online.moosetechnology.org/moose/metaBrowser (a browser for the meta-model of Moose)
>

> Several developments are planned for the near future, so stay tuned for more news.
>
> We would highly appreciate any kind of feedback.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrei and Doru

 Simon

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Glamour on Seaside - first version

Andrei Chis

Hi Simon,

So what has to be done to have one's custom Glamour browser in Seaside?

- subclass SGLComponent
- define #browser and #model
- registerAsApplication: 'my/custom/app'

This steps are all you need to do.

I am not sure how to use SGLDefaultComponent

SGLDefaultComponent allows you to register browser in Seaside on the fly(you don't have to use it directly). It is a component that registers with Seaside at 'glamour/pluggable' and displays the browser found in its class variable SGLBrowser.

For example the following code will create a browser and  register it at 'glamour/pluggable' by using SGLDefaultComponent. This way you can easily see you browsers in Seaside without having to do the steps you mention above.

|browser|
browser :=  GLMTabulator new.
browser row: #aRow.
browser transmit to: #aRow; andShow: [:a | a list].
browser registerInSeasideOn: (1 to: 10).

Cheers,
Andrei