Re: [Pharo-project] Cross-fork Metacello configurations

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-project] Cross-fork Metacello configurations

Hannes Hirzel
On 5/21/10, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I had suggested that they not use the ConfigurationOf prefix for the Squeak
> configuration package so that cross platform configurations could continue
> to be used ... I would hope that folks continue to to create cross platform
> packages ... the onus on copying shouldn't be on the developer, but the
> folks that want a managed list of configs:)

Yes, ConfigurationOfABC should remain as is. A configuration of a
package is one thing and a managed list of configurations is something
on a next level.

> I would think that the managed list could be harvested from the
> ConfigurationOf configs without any direct developer involvement...afterall
> computers should be used for the things they are good at:)

Interesting idea. It seems to me that the only thing which needs to be
done is to remove

instance variable  'project' and class 'LastVersionLoad' from
ConfigurationOfABC and then move ConfigurationOfABC to be a subclass
of MetacelloConfiguration

> It will be interesting to see how the managed list idea evolves...

Yes, indeed. Great work that you have started, Dale. I realise this a
bit late but seemingly not too late :-)