Re: [Pharo-project] Martin Fowler's kind words about Smalltalk and Moose ...

Re: [Pharo-project] Martin Fowler's kind words about Smalltalk and Moose ...

Tudor Girba-2
Unexpected, indeed.

But, the cool thing is that Moose popped up in his mind in a seemingly unrelated area. From this point of view, Moose is not just an analysis platform, but it became an example of how "reprogrammability" (which is just another name for reflective environments as I would call it) can become practical.

So, it is as much a positive thing for Moose as it is for Pharo. Did I mention that I think that Pharo can use Moose as a killer app? :)

Cheers,
Doru

On Jan 11, 2013, at 5:21 PM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> http://martinfowler.com/bliki/InternalReprogrammability.html

www.tudorgirba.com

"Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: [Pharo-project] Martin Fowler's kind words about Smalltalk and Moose ...

Stéphane Ducasse

On Jan 11, 2013, at 11:31 PM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Unexpected, indeed.
>
> But, the cool thing is that Moose popped up in his mind in a seemingly unrelated area. From this point of view, Moose is not just an analysis platform, but it became an example of how "reprogrammability" (which is just another name for reflective environments as I would call it) can become practical.
>
> So, it is as much a positive thing for Moose as it is for Pharo. Did I mention that I think that Pharo can use Moose as a killer app? :)

:)

> Doru
>

> On Jan 11, 2013, at 5:21 PM, Geert Claes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> http://martinfowler.com/bliki/InternalReprogrammability.html
>>

>> --

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Don't give to get. Just give."

Re: [Pharo-project] Martin Fowler's kind words about Smalltalk and Moose ...

tinchodias
Is the video of your presentation online?

Martin