Re: [Pharo-project] Problems in loading GLORP

Re: [Pharo-project] Problems in loading GLORP

Alberto Bacchelli

> BTW, last week I wrote a metacello configuration group to load GlorpDBX with the native postgres driver. You can evaluate first:
>

> Gofer new
>      squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>      package: 'ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX';
>      load.
>
> and then
>
> (ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project version: '1.2') load: 'All with PostgreSQL native

Hi,

  I followed your instructions and I've been able to load GLORP
on a Moose Nightly Built image [1].

I run the 844 tests. 839 of them passed (wow),
4 failed and 1 generated an error.
These are the problematic ones:

GlorpManyToManyDBTest>>#testReadNodeAndDeleteChildWithSaveAndContinue
GlorpRowMapForMementosCollectionTest>>#testRBSmallDictionary
GlorpDateTest>>#testDate
GlorpObjectMappedToImaginaryTableTest>>#testReadBackEntireExample
GlorpUnitOfWorkTest>>#testRollbackOneToManyAfterAdd

Are these tests failing also on other Pharo images
(i.e., they are known "problems")?
Do you know the impact of these failures?
will GLORP be reliable without them?

Moose developers, would you include
GLORP in the images built by hudson?
I think 839 passing tests are good enough for
the development image.

Ciao,
  Alberto

[1] http://hudson.moosetechnology.org/job/moose-with-glamour-seaside/

Re: [Pharo-project] Problems in loading GLORP

Simon Denier-3

On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:23, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:

Moose developers, would you include
GLORP in the images built by hudson?
I think 839 passing tests are good enough for
the development image.

I guess yes, it's pretty easy now to add a new build config in Hudson which would load Glorp with Moose.

Which Pharo version are you using? 1.2 or 1.1?

We don't have yet a working conf for Pharo 1.2 although it seems on its way.

--
 Simon

On 9/2/10 1:42 PM, Simon Denier wrote:

> On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:23, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:
>
> Moose developers, would you include
> GLORP in the images built by hudson?
> I think 839 passing tests are good enough for
> the development image.
>
> I guess yes, it's pretty easy now to add a new build config in Hudson which would load Glorp with Moose.
>
> Which Pharo version are you using? 1.2 or 1.1?

I think it's 1.1.
It's the moose hudson nightly built image.

On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:49, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:

> On 9/2/10 1:42 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>>
>> On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:23, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:
>>
>> Moose developers, would you include
>> GLORP in the images built by hudson?
>> I think 839 passing tests are good enough for
>> the development image.
>>
>> I guess yes, it's pretty easy now to add a new build config in Hudson which would load Glorp with Moose.
>>
>> Which Pharo version are you using? 1.2 or 1.1?
>
> I think it's 1.1.
> It's the moose hudson nightly built image.

OK, because I saw this line:

(ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project version: '1.2') load: 'All with PostgreSQL native

--
 Simon

Re: [Pharo-project] Problems in loading GLORP

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Alberto Bacchelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Yes. And I don't know how to fix them. If anyone can help, excellent.

Do you know the impact of these failures?

No

will GLORP be reliable without them?

I really don't know, but I guess that yes.

Moose developers, would you include
GLORP in the images built by hudson?

I don't think this is a good idea. I think Glorp has nothing to do with Moose on most cases. This is one of the reasons of having a conf, that with one line of code you can load it...So it is not so complicated if you need to do it manually on a normal Moose image.

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:49, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:

> On 9/2/10 1:42 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>>
>> On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:23, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:
>>
>> Moose developers, would you include
>> GLORP in the images built by hudson?
>> I think 839 passing tests are good enough for
>> the development image.
>>
>> I guess yes, it's pretty easy now to add a new build config in Hudson which would load Glorp with Moose.
>>
>> Which Pharo version are you using? 1.2 or 1.1?
>
> I think it's 1.1.
> It's the moose hudson nightly built image.

OK, because I saw this line:

This has nothing to do with Pharo version. This is 1.2 version of GlorpDBX, not Pharo.

On 2 sept. 2010, at 14:05, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Simon Denier <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:49, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:

> On 9/2/10 1:42 PM, Simon Denier wrote:
>>
>> On 2 sept. 2010, at 13:23, Alberto Bacchelli wrote:
>>
>> Moose developers, would you include
>> GLORP in the images built by hudson?
>> I think 839 passing tests are good enough for
>> the development image.
>>
>> I guess yes, it's pretty easy now to add a new build config in Hudson which would load Glorp with Moose.
>>
>> Which Pharo version are you using? 1.2 or 1.1?
>
> I think it's 1.1.
> It's the moose hudson nightly built image.

OK, because I saw this line:

This has nothing to do with Pharo version. This is 1.2 version of GlorpDBX, not Pharo.

(ConfigurationOfGlorpDBX project version: '1.2') load: 'All with PostgreSQL native

Oh, my mistake, in my mind "1.2" refers to Pharo 1.2

--
 Simon