Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Tobias Pape

Am 2011-04-20 um 15:44 schrieb Germán Arduino:

> 2011/4/20 Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Am 2011-04-20 um 14:19 schrieb Torsten Bergmann:
>>
>>> Hi Tobias,
>>>
>>> looks like it is basically working. I used a clean Pharo 1.2.1, then loaded Seaside
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>               squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>               package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>>       load.
>>>
>>>       ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion) load.
>>>

>>> then loaded you script:
>>>

>>> Gofer new
>>>       squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>       package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakSource';
>>>       load.
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSqueakSource) project version: #development) load.
>>>
>>> After that I started Seaside using the seaside control panel
>>> and went to http://localhost:9094/installSS
>>>
>>> I got two errors, but after proceeding I was able to run
>>> an instance of SS3. Cool.
>>
>> I would be certainly interested in the errors.
>
> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
> WAPharoWalkback).

Ah, that one…, -.-'
One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.

That is a Seasdie problem, after all.
Possible solutions:
1) hack the imaged and add MethodContext>>tempScopedNames to return self tempNames
2) persuade the Squeak community to rename tempNames to tempScopedNames (just kidding)
3) persuade the Pharo community to re-rename tempScopedNames to tempNames (well, just kidding, too)
4) persuade the Seaside-developers to
        a) Create a WASqueakWalkback that is like the WAPharoWalkback but uses the indicated message or
        b) make the tempScopedNames-message ‘greasy’, ie, marked as platform-dependent.

BTW: when a Walkback is popping up, there must be a root cause,
would you like to seek for that?

So Long,
        -Tobias

Am 2011-04-20 um 15:49 schrieb Torsten Bergmann:

>> How shall I specify 'I want a working Seaside of version X'
>> in my metacello Config?
>
> Have a look at ConfigurationOfExternalWebbrowser in
> squeaksource/MetacelloRepository for an example.
>
> This one requires the FFI project.
>
> You add the project in the baseline
>

>  spec
> project: 'FFI' with: [
>           spec
> className: 'ConfigurationOfFFI';
>                file: 'ConfigurationOfFFI';
>                repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'].
>
> and set the version in your version method:
>
> spec
> project: 'FFI' with: '1.3'.

There is not much difference to the spec I used but
a) I put the version into the project spec in the basline
b) I put the groups to load into the project spec, too.

Shall I omit the groups spec?

So Long,
        -Tobias

Am 2011-04-20 um 16:32 schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> On Apr 20, 2011, at 6:27 AM, Tobias Pape wrote:
>

>> To Dale or whoever is capable of this:
>>
>> How shall I specify 'I want a working Seaside of version X'
>> in my metacello Config?
>>
>> Aparently, doing
>>
>> spec
>>  package: 'SqueakSource-Core' with: [
>>    spec requires: #( "…" 'Seaside Extras' "…" )];
>>  project: 'Seaside Extras' with: [
>>    spec
>>      className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>      loads: #('Seaside-Email' 'RSS-Core');
>>      file: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>      versionString: '3.0.4';
>>      repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'];
>>
>> does not suffice.
>

> When you "does not suffice", what is it that is not sufficient and what is your goal?

When I use the config as above,
And I just use the Config to Install SqueakSource into
a seaside-less image, I get a ‘stub’ seaside with no adaptors,
not ready to server…

So Long,
        -Tobias

Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

garduino
2011/4/20 Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:

> Am 2011-04-20 um 15:44 schrieb Germán Arduino:

>>> I would be certainly interested in the errors.
>>
>> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
>> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
>> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
>> WAPharoWalkback).
>
> Ah, that one…, -.-'
> One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
> The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
> Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.
>
> That is a Seasdie problem, after all.
> Possible solutions:
> 1) hack the imaged and add MethodContext>>tempScopedNames to return self tempNames
> 2) persuade the Squeak community to rename tempNames to tempScopedNames (just kidding)
> 3) persuade the Pharo community to re-rename tempScopedNames to tempNames (well, just kidding, too)
> 4) persuade the Seaside-developers to
>        a) Create a WASqueakWalkback that is like the WAPharoWalkback but uses the indicated message or
>        b) make the tempScopedNames-message ‘greasy’, ie, marked as platform-dependent.
>

> BTW: when a Walkback is popping up, there must be a root cause,
> would you like to seek for that?
>
> So Long,
>        -Tobias

Yes, sorry, the error I get is:

Stack Trace

   1.

      thisContext
          EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>undeclared:
      self
          {an EncoderForV3PlusClosures}
      name
          'SSDiffyTextWriter'
      sym
          nil

   2.

      thisContext
          Parser>>correctVariable:interval:
      self
          a Parser
      proposedVariable
          'SSDiffyTextWriter'
      spot
          (617 to: 633)
      binding
          nil
      userSelection
          nil
      action
          nil

   3.

      thisContext
          [] in Parser>>variable
      self
          a Parser
      varName
          nil
      varStart
          nil
      varEnd
          nil

   4.

      thisContext
          [] in
EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>encodeVariable:sourceRange:ifUnknown:
      self
          {an EncoderForV3PlusClosures}
      name
          nil
      range
          nil
      action
          nil
      varNode
          nil

   5.

      thisContext
          Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
      self
          a Dictionary('false'->{false} 'fileName'->{fileName}
'next'->{next} 'nil'->{nil} 'project'->{project...etc...
      key
          'SSDiffyTextWriter'
      aBlock
          [closure] in
EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>encodeVariable:sourceRange:ifUnknown:

Anyway if you press Proceed the installation ends ok. Not time still
to check if all is working.

Thanks!

Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Andreas.Raab
On 4/20/2011 16:26, Tobias Pape wrote:
>> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
>> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
>> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
>> WAPharoWalkback).
>
> Ah, that one…, -.-'
> One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
> The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
> Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.

Are you sure? If I look at Pharo I see #tempNames in all versions that I
can find. It would be odd too, to have a perfectly good method like
#tempNames be renamed to something ridiculously weird such as
#tempScopedNames (what does that even mean?). I think this is simply
some copy/paste mistake since for some inexplicable reason
tempScopedNames appears to be used by Pharo's version of
ContextPart>>tempsAndValuesLimitedTo:indent:.

So the fix seems rather simple; just use #tempNames.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Am 2011-04-20 um 18:27 schrieb Germán Arduino:

> 2011/4/20 Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:

>>> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
>>> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
>>> WAPharoWalkback).
>>
>> Ah, that one…, -.-'
>> One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
>> The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
>> Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.
>>
>> That is a Seasdie problem, after all.
>> Possible solutions:
>> 1) hack the imaged and add MethodContext>>tempScopedNames to return self tempNames
>> 2) persuade the Squeak community to rename tempNames to tempScopedNames (just kidding)
>> 3) persuade the Pharo community to re-rename tempScopedNames to tempNames (well, just kidding, too)
>> 4) persuade the Seaside-developers to
>>        a) Create a WASqueakWalkback that is like the WAPharoWalkback but uses the indicated message or
>>        b) make the tempScopedNames-message ‘greasy’, ie, marked as platform-dependent.
>>

>> BTW: when a Walkback is popping up, there must be a root cause,
>> would you like to seek for that?
>>
>> So Long,
>>        -Tobias
>>

> Yes, sorry, the error I get is:
>
> Stack Trace
>
>   1.
>
>      thisContext
>          EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>undeclared:
>      self
>          {an EncoderForV3PlusClosures}
>      name
>          'SSDiffyTextWriter'
>      sym
>          nil

This is strange, as SSDiffyTextWriter is in one of the MCZ's for sure.
Can you exchange the Exception handler and give me a stack trace?

So Long,
        -Tobias

Am 2011-04-20 um 18:51 schrieb Andreas Raab:

> On 4/20/2011 16:26, Tobias Pape wrote:
>>> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
>>> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
>>> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
>>> WAPharoWalkback).
>>
>> Ah, that one…, -.-'
>> One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
>> The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
>> Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.
>
> Are you sure? If I look at Pharo I see #tempNames in all versions that I can find. It would be odd too, to have a perfectly good method like #tempNames be renamed to something ridiculously weird such as #tempScopedNames (what does that even mean?). I think this is simply some copy/paste mistake since for some inexplicable reason tempScopedNames appears to be used by Pharo's version of ContextPart>>tempsAndValuesLimitedTo:indent:.
>
> So the fix seems rather simple; just use #tempNames.

Well, I do not use it directly, but some Seaside-component
that renders a Walkback on HTML does…

So Long,
        -Tobias

Re: [Seaside] Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Dale Henrichs

On Apr 20, 2011, at 8:01 AM, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Am 2011-04-20 um 16:32 schrieb Dale Henrichs:
>

>> On Apr 20, 2011, at 6:27 AM, Tobias Pape wrote:
>>

>>> To Dale or whoever is capable of this:
>>>
>>> How shall I specify 'I want a working Seaside of version X'
>>> in my metacello Config?
>>>
>>> Aparently, doing
>>>
>>> spec
>>>  package: 'SqueakSource-Core' with: [
>>>    spec requires: #( "…" 'Seaside Extras' "…" )];
>>>  project: 'Seaside Extras' with: [
>>>    spec
>>>      className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>>      loads: #('Seaside-Email' 'RSS-Core');
>>>      file: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>>      versionString: '3.0.4';
>>>      repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'];
>>>
>>> does not suffice.
>>

>> When you "does not suffice", what is it that is not sufficient and what is your goal?
>
> When I use the config as above,
> And I just use the Config to Install SqueakSource into
> a seaside-less image, I get a ‘stub’ seaside with no adaptors,
> not ready to server…

Ah yes, you have to choose the adaptor you want to use ...

I think I talk about this in my other email...

Dale

Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

garduino
Sure:

EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>undeclared:
Parser>>correctVariable:interval:
[] in Parser>>variable
[] in EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>encodeVariable:sourceRange:ifUnknown:
Dictionary>>at:ifAbsent:
EncoderForV3PlusClosures(Encoder)>>encodeVariable:sourceRange:ifUnknown:
Parser>>variable
Parser>>primaryExpression
Parser>>expression
Parser>>primaryExpression
Parser>>expression
Parser>>statements:innerBlock:blockNode:
Parser>>blockExpression
Parser>>primaryExpression
Parser>>messagePart:repeat:
Parser>>expression
Parser>>primaryExpression
Parser>>messagePart:repeat:
Parser>>cascade
Parser>>expression
Parser>>statements:innerBlock:blockNode:
Parser>>blockExpression
Parser>>primaryExpression
Parser>>messagePart:repeat:
Parser>>expression
Parser>>statements:innerBlock:blockNode:
Parser>>blockExpression
Parser>>primaryExpression
Parser>>messagePart:repeat:
Parser>>expression
Parser>>statements:innerBlock:blockNode:
Parser>>blockExpression
Parser>>primaryExpression
Parser>>messagePart:repeat:
Parser>>expression
Parser>>statements:innerBlock:blockNode:
Parser>>statements:innerBlock:
Parser>>method:context:
[] in Parser>>parse:class:category:noPattern:context:notifying:ifFail:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
Parser>>parse:class:category:noPattern:context:notifying:ifFail:
Parser>>parse:class:noPattern:context:notifying:ifFail:
Parser>>parse:class:
[] in CompiledMethod>>methodNode
BlockClosure>>on:do:
CompiledMethod>>methodNode
GRPharoPlatform>>argumentNamesOf:
[] in WAPragmaBasedRouteBuilder class>>createRoutesFor:
[] in GRPharoPlatform>>methodsWithHttpPragmaIn:do:
MethodDictionary>>keysDo:
SSUrlFilter class(Behavior)>>selectorsDo:
GRPharoPlatform>>methodsWithHttpPragmaIn:do:
WAPragmaBasedRouteBuilder class>>createRoutesFor:
SSUrlFilter(WAPragmaBasedRestfulFilter)>>createRoutes
SSUrlFilter(WARestfulFilter)>>initializeRoutes
SSUrlFilter(WARestfulFilter)>>initialize
SSUrlFilter class(GRObject class)>>new
SSFrame class>>registerAsApplication:
SSInstallWizzard>>install
SSInstallWizzard>>go
SSInstallWizzard(WATask)>>execute
WAActionCallback>>evaluateWithArgument:
WAActionCallback(WACallback)>>evaluateWithFieldValues:
[] in WACallbackRegistry>>handle:
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WACallbackRegistry>>handle:
[] in [] in WAActionPhaseContinuation>>runCallbacks
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WAActionPhaseContinuation(WARenderLoopContinuation)>>withNotificationHandlerDo:
[] in WAActionPhaseContinuation>>runCallbacks
BlockClosure>>ensure:
WAActionPhaseContinuation>>runCallbacks
WAActionPhaseContinuation>>handleRequest
[] in WAActionPhaseContinuation(WASessionContinuation)>>basicValue
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WAActionPhaseContinuation(WASessionContinuation)>>withUnregisteredHandlerDo:
WAActionPhaseContinuation(WASessionContinuation)>>basicValue
WAActionPhaseContinuation(WASessionContinuation)>>value
WASession>>handleFiltered:
WATimingToolFilter(WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
[] in WATimingToolFilter>>handleFiltered:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
WATimingToolFilter>>handleFiltered:
WADeprecatedToolFilter(WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
[] in WADeprecatedToolFilter>>handleFiltered:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WADeprecatedToolFilter>>handleFiltered:
WAMutualExclusionFilter(WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
[] in WAMutualExclusionFilter>>handleFiltered:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
[] in WAMutex>>critical:
[] in Semaphore>>critical:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Semaphore>>critical:
WAMutex>>critical:
WAMutualExclusionFilter>>handleFiltered:
[] in WASession(WARequestHandler)>>handle:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WACurrentRequestContext class(WADynamicVariable class)>>use:during:
[] in WARequestContext>>push:while:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
WARequestContext>>push:while:
WASession(WARequestHandler)>>handle:
WAApplication(WARegistry)>>dispatch:to:
WAApplication(WARegistry)>>handleKeyed:with:
WAApplication(WARegistry)>>handleFiltered:
WAApplication>>handleFiltered:
WAExceptionFilter(WARequestFilter)>>handleFiltered:
[] in WAExceptionFilter>>handleFiltered:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WADebugErrorHandler(WAExceptionHandler)>>handleExceptionsDuring:
WADebugErrorHandler class(WAExceptionHandler
class)>>handleExceptionsDuring:context:
WAExceptionFilter>>handleFiltered:
[] in WAApplication(WARequestHandler)>>handle:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WACurrentRequestContext class(WADynamicVariable class)>>use:during:
[] in WARequestContext>>push:while:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
WARequestContext>>push:while:
WAApplication(WARequestHandler)>>handle:
WADispatcher>>handleFiltered:named:
WADispatcher>>handleFiltered:
[] in WADispatcher(WARequestHandler)>>handle:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WACurrentRequestContext class(WADynamicVariable class)>>use:during:
[] in WARequestContext>>push:while:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
WARequestContext>>push:while:
WADispatcher(WARequestHandler)>>handle:
[] in WAComancheAdaptor(WAServerAdaptor)>>handleRequest:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
WAComancheAdaptor(WAServerAdaptor)>>handleRequest:
WAComancheAdaptor(WAServerAdaptor)>>handle:
[] in WAComancheAdaptor(WAServerAdaptor)>>process:
BlockClosure>>ensure:
WAComancheAdaptor(WAServerAdaptor)>>process:
WAComancheAdaptor>>processHttpRequest:
HttpService>>processHttpRequest:
[] in HttpAdaptor>>dispatchRequest:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
HttpService>>handleDispatchErrorsIn:
HttpAdaptor>>dispatchRequest:
[] in [] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
BlockClosure>>on:do:
BlockClosure>>valueWithBindingsContext:
BlockClosure>>valueWithBindings:
BindingsAccessor>>clamp:
[] in HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
BlockClosure>>ensure:
HttpAdaptor>>beginConversation
HttpAdaptor class>>readAndWriteTo:service:
HttpAdaptor class>>readAndWriteToSocket:service:
HttpService>>serve:
[] in HttpService(TcpService)>>value:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
BlockClosure>>valueWithBindingsContext:
BlockClosure>>valueWithBindings:
BindingsAccessor>>clamp:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcessWithClampedBindings:
BlockClosure>>on:do:
BlockClosure>>valueWithBindingsContext:
BlockClosure>>valueWithBindings:
[] in BlockClosure>>newProcessWithBindings:

Germán S. Arduino  <gsa @ arsol.net>   Twitter: garduino
Arduino Software & Web Hosting   http://www.arduinosoftware.com
PasswordsPro  http://www.passwordspro.com

Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Tobias Pape
Ok I think I made a packaging-error.
Please use the group 'Full' to avoid this error for now.
I'll fix that.

(ConfigruationOfSqueakSource project version: #development) load: #('Full').

So Long,
        -Tobias

On 4/20/2011 19:00, Tobias Pape wrote:

>>> Ah, that one…, -.-'
>>> One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
>>> The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
>>> Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.
>>
>> Are you sure? If I look at Pharo I see #tempNames in all versions that I can find. It would be odd too, to have a perfectly good method like #tempNames be renamed to something ridiculously weird such as #tempScopedNames (what does that even mean?). I think this is simply some copy/paste mistake since for some inexplicable reason tempScopedNames appears to be used by Pharo's version of ContextPart>>tempsAndValuesLimitedTo:indent:.
>>
>> So the fix seems rather simple; just use #tempNames.
>
> Well, I do not use it directly, but some Seaside-component
> that renders a Walkback on HTML does…

Sure but if you don't report issues, then they don't get fixed:

   - Andreas

Am 2011-04-21 um 11:33 schrieb Andreas Raab:

> On 4/20/2011 19:00, Tobias Pape wrote:

[…]

>>> Pharo's version of ContextPart>>tempsAndValuesLimitedTo:indent:.
>>>
>>> So the fix seems rather simple; just use #tempNames.
>>
>> Well, I do not use it directly, but some Seaside-component
>> that renders a Walkback on HTML does…
>
> Sure but if you don't report issues, then they don't get fixed:
>
>  http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=650

Yes. Shame on me :)

So Long,
        -Tobias