Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Tobias Pape

Am 2011-04-20 um 15:44 schrieb Germán Arduino:

> 2011/4/20 Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Am 2011-04-20 um 14:19 schrieb Torsten Bergmann:
>>
>>> Hi Tobias,
>>>
>>> looks like it is basically working. I used a clean Pharo 1.2.1, then loaded Seaside
>>>
>>> Gofer new
>>>               squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>               package: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>>       load.
>>>
>>>       ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSeaside30) project latestVersion) load.
>>>

>>> then loaded you script:
>>>

>>> Gofer new
>>>       squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>>>       package: 'ConfigurationOfSqueakSource';
>>>       load.
>>> ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfSqueakSource) project version: #development) load.
>>>
>>> After that I started Seaside using the seaside control panel
>>> and went to http://localhost:9094/installSS
>>>
>>> I got two errors, but after proceeding I was able to run
>>> an instance of SS3. Cool.
>>
>> I would be certainly interested in the errors.
>
> In a Squeak 4.2 image with seaside preloaded, trying to install
> SqueakSource3, the first error coming is:
> MessageNotUnderstood: MethodContext>>tempScopedNames (seems to be in
> WAPharoWalkback).

Ah, that one…, -.-'
One of the differences between Squeak and Pharo.
The method is called tempNames in Squeak and was in earlier Pharos.
Now the Pharo one changed and is used henceforth in WAPharoWalkback.

That is a Seasdie problem, after all.
Possible solutions:
1) hack the imaged and add MethodContext>>tempScopedNames to return self tempNames
2) persuade the Squeak community to rename tempNames to tempScopedNames (just kidding)
3) persuade the Pharo community to re-rename tempScopedNames to tempNames (well, just kidding, too)
4) persuade the Seaside-developers to
        a) Create a WASqueakWalkback that is like the WAPharoWalkback but uses the indicated message or
        b) make the tempScopedNames-message ‘greasy’, ie, marked as platform-dependent.

BTW: when a Walkback is popping up, there must be a root cause,
would you like to seek for that?

So Long,
        -Tobias

Am 2011-04-20 um 15:49 schrieb Torsten Bergmann:

>> How shall I specify 'I want a working Seaside of version X'
>> in my metacello Config?
>
> Have a look at ConfigurationOfExternalWebbrowser in
> squeaksource/MetacelloRepository for an example.
>
> This one requires the FFI project.
>
> You add the project in the baseline
>

>  spec
> project: 'FFI' with: [
>           spec
> className: 'ConfigurationOfFFI';
>                file: 'ConfigurationOfFFI';
>                repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'].
>
> and set the version in your version method:
>
> spec
> project: 'FFI' with: '1.3'.

There is not much difference to the spec I used but
a) I put the version into the project spec in the basline
b) I put the groups to load into the project spec, too.

Shall I omit the groups spec?

So Long,
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Am 2011-04-20 um 16:32 schrieb Dale Henrichs:

> On Apr 20, 2011, at 6:27 AM, Tobias Pape wrote:
>

>> To Dale or whoever is capable of this:
>>
>> How shall I specify 'I want a working Seaside of version X'
>> in my metacello Config?
>>
>> Aparently, doing
>>
>> spec
>>  package: 'SqueakSource-Core' with: [
>>    spec requires: #( "…" 'Seaside Extras' "…" )];
>>  project: 'Seaside Extras' with: [
>>    spec
>>      className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>      loads: #('Seaside-Email' 'RSS-Core');
>>      file: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>      versionString: '3.0.4';
>>      repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'];
>>
>> does not suffice.
>

> When you "does not suffice", what is it that is not sufficient and what is your goal?

When I use the config as above,
And I just use the Config to Install SqueakSource into
a seaside-less image, I get a ‘stub’ seaside with no adaptors,
not ready to server…

So Long,
        -Tobias_______________________________________________
seaside mailing list

Re: [Pharo-project] SqueakSource 3

Dale Henrichs

On Apr 20, 2011, at 8:01 AM, Tobias Pape wrote:

> Am 2011-04-20 um 16:32 schrieb Dale Henrichs:
>

>> On Apr 20, 2011, at 6:27 AM, Tobias Pape wrote:
>>

>>> To Dale or whoever is capable of this:
>>>
>>> How shall I specify 'I want a working Seaside of version X'
>>> in my metacello Config?
>>>
>>> Aparently, doing
>>>
>>> spec
>>>  package: 'SqueakSource-Core' with: [
>>>    spec requires: #( "…" 'Seaside Extras' "…" )];
>>>  project: 'Seaside Extras' with: [
>>>    spec
>>>      className: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>>      loads: #('Seaside-Email' 'RSS-Core');
>>>      file: 'ConfigurationOfSeaside30';
>>>      versionString: '3.0.4';
>>>      repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/MetacelloRepository'];
>>>
>>> does not suffice.
>>

>> When you "does not suffice", what is it that is not sufficient and what is your goal?
>
> When I use the config as above,
> And I just use the Config to Install SqueakSource into
> a seaside-less image, I get a ‘stub’ seaside with no adaptors,
> not ready to server…

Ah yes, you have to choose the adaptor you want to use ...

I think I talk about this in my other email...

seaside mailing list