Re: [Pharo-project] TORCH: supporting source-code change integration

Re: [Pharo-project] TORCH: supporting source-code change integration

Tudor Girba
Hi Veronica,

A bit of feedback:
- After loading Torch, the package contextual menu seems to crash the
Monticello Browser
- You extend isSuper in RBProgramNode and RBVariableNode, which
generates an override conflict with methods in Moose-Core.
- The Glamour tags look different, so I guess you also have some
Glamour overrides. That should not happen :). Maybe you have some
suggestions for improvement, or maybe you just need the border for the
[i] icon?

Cheers,
Doru

On 18 May 2010, at 15:16, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:

> Hi Tudor,
>
> thank you :D
>
> sure!!!
>
> cheers,
> Veronica
>

> On 18 May 2010, at 11:39, Tudor Girba wrote:
>
>> Hi Veronica,
>>
>> It is pretty impressive :).
>>
>> Would it be Ok if I added this on the Moose page?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On 18 May 2010, at 11:21, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks veronica.
>>> lukas said that he was impressed this is a complement :)

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of
>> problem understanding."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of
problem understanding."

Re: [Pharo-project] TORCH: supporting source-code change integration

Stéphane Ducasse

On May 19, 2010, at 12:47 AM, Tudor Girba wrote:

> Hi Veronica,
>
> A bit of feedback:
> - After loading Torch, the package contextual menu seems to crash the Monticello Browser
> - You extend isSuper in RBProgramNode and RBVariableNode, which generates an override conflict with methods in Moose-Core.

may be moose should have a look at the new AST-semantics package that lukas created because veronica used that ones
originally and after a discussing with lukas he created ast-semantics

> - The Glamour tags look different, so I guess you also have some Glamour overrides. That should not happen :). Maybe you have some suggestions for improvement, or maybe you just need the border for the [i] icon?
>
> Cheers,
> Doru
>

> On 18 May 2010, at 15:16, Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez wrote:
>
>> Hi Tudor,
>>
>> thank you :D
>>
>> sure!!!
>>
>> cheers,
>> Veronica
>>

>> On 18 May 2010, at 11:39, Tudor Girba wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Veronica,
>>>
>>> It is pretty impressive :).
>>>
>>> Would it be Ok if I added this on the Moose page?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Problem solving efficiency grows with the abstractness level of problem understanding."

Re: [Pharo-project] TORCH: supporting source-code change integration

Veronica Isabel Uquillas Gomez
Hi Tudor,

- could you be more specific, when does the MC browser crash?, i haven't noticed any problem with it.
- Yup, Lukas created the AST-semantics package, and I have to include it
- No, I am not overriding code, that is a setting already included in Glamour, but true, the border is a cleaner solution... will take a look

thank you,
Veronica