Re: [Pharo-project] [call for help] Bugtracker

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-project] [call for help] Bugtracker

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 11:14 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

There is a bug tracker at

       http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list

With currently 524 open bug reports.

With 1.2Core now being released, it would help *a lot* if people who submitted a report would
check that report in the loght of a released 1.2  and an actively developing 1.3...

       -> Has the bug already been fixed? Reports that are already fixed are just incredible wasteful.
       -> Does the submitted code need to be updated for 1.3?
       -> Did someone ask a question in the meantime?
       -> after a long discussion, wouldn't a sumary help to understand what the
            next action is?

*A lot* of the reports could really need some love from the person who submitted it orginally.

We should really think about some scheme to auto-close bug reports. E.g. if someone asks a question
and the original submitter thinks that it's not even worth to anwer "I don't know", then a bug report should
be closed after some generous amount of time (e.g. 6 Months), as it's definitly not important.

       Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.