Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Lan.d.s Alpha: All Along the Language Tower

Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Lan.d.s Alpha: All Along the Language Tower

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi nick

I wanted to support your chapters via paypal but it asked me about my visa and I would like
to pay via my paypal account. Do you know if this is possible?
Else can you send me your pp account?

Stef

On 17 Mar 2019, at 10:21, Nick Papoylias <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear friends !

I am quite excited to announce the availability of an alpha version
of my latest work around Parsing and Programming Languages at:

https://npapoylias.gitlab.io/lands-project/

Accompanied by ~ 30 min of transcribed eye-candy:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIjPQnRzAKVHABG1-oTvwWc3Gj1Z4C91B

Backed by a crowdfunding campaign ! To get the book and stable release
successfully out of the door:

https://www.patreon.com/lands_project
https://npapoylias.gitlab.io/lands-project/Support/

Click, download, watch, enjoy ! If you like what you see, support the project ! Tiers
start from 5 and 10 euros per chapter for individuals. Companies supporting
the project can get 6 to 12 days of consultancy, on-site workshops and other perks.

=================

What is all about ??

Lan.d.s is a new solution for language design. From general purpose
languages
like Lise (short for (list (embedding)) to Domain-Specific
Languages using the MOODs framework
, and everything else in between.
Lan.d.s is build around the formalism of Multi-Ordered Grammars,
which are a possible alternative to CFGs and PEGs in wider use today.

Multi-ordered grammars (or simply MOGs) aim for a better exploration of ambiguity,
recursion, ordering and associativity during language design. They can be parsed using the
Gray Algorithm.
After parsing in order to ease the production of executable code
Lan.d.s introduces the Abstract Syntax Language (ASL), which is an OO
solution for compile-time meta-programming. Finally in order to promote
language extension and re-use, Lan.d.s employs GrammarTraits, as units of
composition for both MOG rules and ASL actions.

=================

Some random highlights for the impatient:

* Object subclass: #Prediction uses: Future syntax

* Languages are everywhere, they are all around you, even now in this very sentence.

* Study SICP with a Xerox flavor, while re-inventing some Bell-labs utilities.

* TOC-Board, the TOC for your next talk ;)

Enjoy !
<Theory-and-Applications-Of-Multi-Ordered-Grammars.pdf><Lands-Alpha-All-Along-The-Language-Tower.png>

03 59 35 87 52
Assistant: Julie Jonas
FAX 03 59 57 78 50
TEL 03 59 35 86 16
S. Ducasse - Inria
40, avenue Halley,
Villeneuve d'Ascq 59650
France

Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Lan.d.s Alpha: All Along the Language Tower

Nick Papoylias

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 2:18 PM Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi nick

I wanted to support your chapters via paypal but it asked me about my visa and I would like
to pay via my paypal account. Do you know if this is possible?

Thanx Stef !

Through patreon, this seems to be required for recurrent payments:

There are 2 alternatives through that might not have this requirement:

Alternative 1, through the Paypal button (if you did not try already):

Hit the PayPal button.

Step2: And then in the Paypal screen, hit PayPal pay.

Alternative 2,  directly from your PayPal dashboard:

"Pay for goods or services No fee for you. The recipient pays a fee."

using my e-mail address: [hidden email]

Adding in the note a message like: "Lands Support" so that it is distinguishable
form other transactions.

Let me know if you encounter any problems, so that I contact them, if necessary.
And update the site, for ways to support without credit-card required.

Best,

Nick

[...]

That was good to know. I updated the site with one-click direct
(non-recurring) alternativePayPal.Me for Lands

"Alternatively you can make a direct (non-recurrent) contribution
through paypal.mePayPal.Me for Lands. Adding "Lands Support"
as a note, plus the e-mail and address you would wish to
receive your perks on"

Cheers,

Nick

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 5:26 PM Nick Papoylias <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Re: [Pharo-dev] Re: [Pharo-users] [ANN] Lan.d.s Alpha: All Along the Language Tower

Stéphane Ducasse
I know what is it to write book.
I sent you some support and I want to be a reviewer.

Stef

On Sun, Mar 17, 2019 at 9:24 PM Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
I know what is it to write book.
I sent you some support and I want to be a reviewer.

Would be my pleasure Stef ! Today was a wonderful start !

Thank you,