Re: [Pharo-users] Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

Re: [Pharo-users] Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

Lukas Renggli
> Is there a standard library access and make calculations from the
> distributions mentioned in the subject of this email?  I'm interested
> in random draws from those distributions.  I haven't found anything
> looking in the image or on squeaksource. Thanks

Have a look in the "Chapter 21: Probability Distributions" of
"Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation By Adele Goldberg
and DavidRobson; Xerox Palo Alto Research Center ISBN 0-201-11371-6.
344 pp. 1983" (http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html).

I am sure that you can find a file-out of the code described in the
book with Google. I remember having it packaged up with Monticello
some time ago, but can't find it right now.

Lukas

PS: Please configure your reply-to address to go to the mailing list.

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-users] Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

SergeStinckwich
We made a package with several random number generators available on
SqueakSource:
http://www.squeaksource.com/Random.html

I dunno what are your needs exactly but there is gaussian random generator.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Is there a standard library access and make calculations from the
>> distributions mentioned in the subject of this email?  I'm interested
>> in random draws from those distributions.  I haven't found anything
>> looking in the image or on squeaksource. Thanks
>
> Have a look in the "Chapter 21: Probability Distributions" of
> "Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation By Adele Goldberg
> and DavidRobson; Xerox Palo Alto Research Center ISBN 0-201-11371-6.
> 344 pp. 1983" (http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html).
>
> I am sure that you can find a file-out of the code described in the
> book with Google. I remember having it packaged up with Monticello
> some time ago, but can't find it right now.
>
> Lukas
>
> PS: Please configure your reply-to address to go to the mailing list.
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-users] Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

Marcus Denker-4

On Mar 31, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Is there a standard library access and make calculations from the
>> distributions mentioned in the subject of this email?  I'm interested
>> in random draws from those distributions.  I haven't found anything
>> looking in the image or on squeaksource. Thanks
>
> Have a look in the "Chapter 21: Probability Distributions" of
> "Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation By Adele Goldberg
> and DavidRobson; Xerox Palo Alto Research Center ISBN 0-201-11371-6.
> 344 pp. 1983" (http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html).
>
> I am sure that you can find a file-out of the code described in the
> book with Google. I remember having it packaged up with Monticello
> some time ago, but can't find it right now.
>
> Lukas
>
> PS: Please configure your reply-to address to go to the mailing list.

The mail was sent to pharo-users and it might be that this list does not
set reply-to... I will fix it.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Pharo-users] Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

SergeStinckwich
Hum, i didn't subscribe to pharo-users ...
Lucas, could you send my reply to the mailing-list ?
Thank you ;-)

On Mar 31, 2010, at 9:13 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> The mail was sent to pharo-users and it might be that this list does not
> set reply-to... I will fix it.

fixed.

On Mar 31, 2010, at 9:22 AM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:

> Hum, i didn't subscribe to pharo-users ...

what!
:)

> Lucas, could you send my reply to the mailing-list ?
> Thank you ;-)

>>> Have a look in the "Chapter 21: Probability Distributions" of
>>> "Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation By Adele Goldberg
>>> and DavidRobson; Xerox Palo Alto Research Center ISBN 0-201-11371-6.
>>> 344 pp. 1983" (http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.html).
>>>
>>> I am sure that you can find a file-out of the code described in the
>>> book with Google. I remember having it packaged up with Monticello
>>> some time ago, but can't find it right now.
>>>
>>> Lukas
>>>
>>> PS: Please configure your reply-to address to go to the mailing list.
>>>

>> The mail was sent to pharo-users and it might be that this list does not
>> set reply-to... I will fix it.
>>
>>        Marcus
>>

>> --
>> Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
>> INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-users] Are there Chi-Square, Power, Normal, Binomial, Uniform, Student's-T etc distributions ?

SergeStinckwich
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2010, at 9:22 AM, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
>
>> Hum, i didn't subscribe to pharo-users ...
>
> what!
> :)

Already too much ml to follow ;-)