Re: [Pharo-users] [COTDC] 56 - HostFont

Marcus Denker-4

On Apr 28, 2011, at 6:23 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Today: HostFont

Seems to be unused. I vote for removing. (together with IdentityGlyphMap)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

Re: [Pharo-users] [COTDC] 56 - HostFont

laurent laffont
On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Apr 28, 2011, at 6:23 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Today: HostFont

Seems to be unused. I vote for removing. (together with IdentityGlyphMap)

Agree.  I like rule #2 :)

Laurent.

       Marcus

cbc

Re: [Pharo-users] [COTDC] 56 - HostFont

cbc
"Uses host fonts from a Win32 system for display.

On a Windows system, if you have FontPlugin.dll with your executable, execute
  HostFont initWin32
Then, you should be able to use fonts from a variety of native Windows
fonts of various sized and emphasis."

Except, of course, for the bugs.  I can't actually choose one due to
some issue with IdentityGlyphMap.
And, Pharo isn't shipped with the dll (I don't think) - so I picked on
up from Squeak 3.8, the last time I used HostFonts (for a month or
so).  There are currently a lot of additional candidates for what this
does.

-Chris