Re: [Pharo-users] Pharo 2.0 - System Error Handling Failed

Re: [Pharo-users] Pharo 2.0 - System Error Handling Failed

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I really think that for the process of polishing 2.0 from beta to release we need a new label for issues.

Bugs like the one below are really important, they might be silly or easy to fix, but they leave a bad impression. We want as many people as possible to help, but UX failures like this will scare away many users, most won't be as helpful as Andy to even report the issue. We as developers know that 2.0 is OK because we use it every day, but occasional users who just try 2.0 for the first time can't know that.

So not HorribleErrorBlockingEverything but maybe HorribleUXQualityBugScaringAwayNormalPeople as label ?

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: [Pharo-users] Pharo 2.0 - System Error Handling Failed

Marcus Denker-4

On Jan 23, 2013, at 10:52 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I really think that for the process of polishing 2.0 from beta to release we need a new label for issues.
>
> Bugs like the one below are really important, they might be silly or easy to fix, but they leave a bad impression. We want as many people as possible to help, but UX failures like this will scare away many users, most won't be as helpful as Andy to even report the issue. We as developers know that 2.0 is OK because we use it every day, but occasional users who just try 2.0 for the first time can't know that.
>
> So not HorribleErrorBlockingEverything but maybe HorribleUXQualityBugScaringAwayNormalPeople as label ?

:-) yes.

        Marcus