Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside and Fuel

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 3:07 AM, Francois Stephany <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Jeff,
Or you can regularly serialize and save your data (every hour/day/whatever).

Yes, this is something you can do for example with Pier. You can choose how much regulary to save the data. In addition, it lets you choose how many saves. Say you want max 3, then if there is a 4 save, it removes the oldest one.  So you always have the last 3 saves.

I'cced the seaside mailing list which may have better ideas.

Cheers

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside and Fuel

Paul DeBruicker
You can use Fuel as the serializer/materializer for the Simple Image
Based Persistence scheme described here:
http://onsmalltalk.com/simple-image-based-persistence-in-squeak/

and implemented here:
http://www.squeaksource.com/SimplePersistence.html

Just subclass SPFileDatabase and override

SPFileDatabase class>>#saveRepository and SPFileDatabase
class>>#lastBackup to use Fuel rather than the ReferenceStream

You'll need to specify what you want to save , when to save it, and how
to restore it but the package above takes care of managing the backups.

I've attached a mcz file with a subclass that uses Fuel but you'll need
to load the package on squeaksource as well first

SimplePersistence-Fuel-PaulDeBruicker.1.mcz (3K) Download Attachment

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Paul DeBruicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
You can use Fuel as the serializer/materializer for the Simple Image Based Persistence scheme described here:
http://onsmalltalk.com/simple-image-based-persistence-in-squeak/

and implemented here:
http://www.squeaksource.com/SimplePersistence.html

Just subclass SPFileDatabase and override

SPFileDatabase class>>#saveRepository and SPFileDatabase class>>#lastBackup to use Fuel rather than the ReferenceStream

You'll need to specify what you want to save , when to save it, and how to restore it but the package above takes care of managing the backups.

I've attached a mcz file with a subclass that uses Fuel but you'll need to load the package on squeaksource as well first

That's nice. Do you know if it is working well ?  If so, I can add a link to it from Fuel's website.
Sean, do you think it is worth it to commit such code into a separate package 'SimplePersistenceFuel' ?  the repo is global read...

thanks!

On 11-11-16 07:50 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> That's nice. Do you know if it is working well ?

It passes the tests, but I haven't tested it under much load or anything
so I couldn't speak about its performance or any issues that might arise
under load.

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside and Fuel

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
That's nice. Do you know if it is working well?
I have been using it in my personal images from Pharo 1.2 through the last 1.3 rc with no problems, but I haven't put it under much stress.

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
Sean, do you think it is worth it to commit such code into a separate
package 'SimplePersistenceFuel' ?  the repo is global read...
Whatever's best for the community. I'd be happy to add you as a dev (I already added Paul) or make it global write. Just let me know.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> That's nice. Do you know if it is working well?

I have been using it in my personal images from Pharo 1.2 through the last
1.3 rc with no problems

But with Fuel?

, but I haven't put it under much stress.

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Sean, do you think it is worth it to commit such code into a separate
> package 'SimplePersistenceFuel' ?  the repo is global read...

Whatever's best for the community. I'd be happy to add you as a dev (I
already added Paul) or make it global write. Just let me know.

If you add me as developer, I can add such pacakge :)
and then update the Fuel website

Cheers,
Sean

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside and Fuel

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks. I have publish the package and updated: http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel/Software-using-Fuel

cheers

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> But with Fuel?

No :)