Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

EstebanLM
this is a question more appropriate for Seaside list :)

> On 17 Oct 2016, at 20:07, Pierre CHANSON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> In #SmalltalkImage>>metacelloPlatformAttributes, #'pharo5.x' #'pharo5.0.x’ have been removed and Seaside does not have configuration for pharo6.
>
> Is there a plan to update the configuration of Seaside ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Pierre and Norbert

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Johan Brichau-2
Sure. Christophe Demarey has asked me if he can publish his changes to fix the config for pharo 6.

I will upload them as soon as I receive them

Johan

> On 17 Oct 2016, at 21:04, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> this is a question more appropriate for Seaside list :)
>
>> On 17 Oct 2016, at 20:07, Pierre CHANSON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> In #SmalltalkImage>>metacelloPlatformAttributes, #'pharo5.x' #'pharo5.0.x’ have been removed and Seaside does not have configuration for pharo6.
>>
>> Is there a plan to update the configuration of Seaside ?
>>
>> Thanks !
>>
>> Pierre and Norbert

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Johan Brichau-2
I uploaded the changes by Christophe. If it does not work, let me know. I did not try.

cheers
Johan

ps: right now the configuration is identical for pharo5.x and pharo6.x. If things start to fail for Pharo 6, we need to make another baseline to not break the configuration for pharo 4 and pharo 5

> On 18 Oct 2016, at 10:00, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sure. Christophe Demarey has asked me if he can publish his changes to fix the config for pharo 6.
>
> I will upload them as soon as I receive them
>
> Johan
>
>> On 17 Oct 2016, at 21:04, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> this is a question more appropriate for Seaside list :)
>>
>>> On 17 Oct 2016, at 20:07, Pierre CHANSON <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> In #SmalltalkImage>>metacelloPlatformAttributes, #'pharo5.x' #'pharo5.0.x’ have been removed and Seaside does not have configuration for pharo6.
>>>
>>> Is there a plan to update the configuration of Seaside ?
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>>
>>> Pierre and Norbert

Re: [Pharo-users] [Seaside] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Johan Brichau-2
I only received a config for Grease :)
In my haste, I did not check you need Seaside :)

Right now, I’m a bit too busy so until someone can provide a working config, it will have to wait.

cheers
Johan

> On 18 Oct 2016, at 10:19, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> You uploaded ConfigurationOfGrease but not Seaside. Mistake?
>
> Norbert
>
>> Am 18.10.2016 um 10:11 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I uploaded the changes by Christophe. If it does not work, let me know. I did not try.
>>
>> cheers
>> Johan
>>
>> ps: right now the configuration is identical for pharo5.x and pharo6.x. If things start to fail for Pharo 6, we need to make another baseline to not break the configuration for pharo 4 and pharo 5
>>
>>> On 18 Oct 2016, at 10:00, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sure. Christophe Demarey has asked me if he can publish his changes to fix the config for pharo 6.
>>>
>>> I will upload them as soon as I receive them
>>>
>>> Johan

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

CyrilFerlicot
Le 18/10/2016 à 10:11, Johan Brichau a écrit :
> I uploaded the changes by Christophe. If it does not work, let me know. I did not try.
>
> cheers
> Johan
>
> ps: right now the configuration is identical for pharo5.x and pharo6.x. If things start to fail for Pharo 6, we need to make another baseline to not break the configuration for pharo 4 and pharo 5

Hi!

I could load Seaside but when I start the adaptor and go to
localhost:8080 I get an error[1] `receiver of #from:to: is nil`.
There is some error on Jenkin's logs that where not here before[2].

[1] http://puu.sh/rN9fV/780adbcfe0.png
[2] http://puu.sh/rN9rb/dd9de6776a.png

--
Cyril Ferlicot

http://www.synectique.eu

2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

tinchodias
After the recent change in metacelloPlatformAttributes, we're having some problems in Voyage in Pharo6, and I investigated a bit.

Voyage loads Magritte3 Core stable, which uses
- #version351: and
- #baseline330ForPharo:

These methods contain spec declarations such as #(#'pharo3.x' #'pharo4.x' #'pharo5.x'). So I guess we should add #'pharo6.x' to the list and it will just start working again. To do that, I suppose it's fine to just modify #version351: and #baseline330ForPharo:, right? I mean, no need to create a #version352:only because of that.

regards,
Martin

Le 18/10/2016 à 15:41, Cyril Ferlicot D. a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> I could load Seaside but when I start the adaptor and go to
> localhost:8080 I get an error[1] `receiver of #from:to: is nil`.
> There is some error on Jenkin's logs that where not here before[2].
>

> [1] http://puu.sh/rN9fV/780adbcfe0.png
> [2] http://puu.sh/rN9rb/dd9de6776a.png

I think that this mcz should correct the problem but I don't have the
rights on Seaside repo. Can someone add me to the Seaside Team or copy
the mcz?

I just added a 'pharo6.x' in the configuration where there is a
'pharo5.x' so it should be a safe change.

ConfigurationOfSeaside3-CyrilFerlicot.321.mcz (324K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-users] [Seaside] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Johan Brichau-2
Can you post the snippet how you load it?

> On 18 Oct 2016, at 16:21, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I tried to but I failed. It is very strange indeed. I added the platform attribute #'pharo6.x' to every location where there is a #'pharo5.x' attribute (see attached configuration).
> When loading metacello looks into older versions as well (in this case version 3.1.6). There the platform attribute does not exist and it seems to fallback on a configuration for #pharo where a package Seaside-Pharo-Development is referenced. While trying to find the definition of that package it fails.
>
> Does somebody know why it behaves that weird? Or even better know a solution :)
>
> thanks,
>
> Norbert
>
> <ConfigurationOfSeaside3-NorbertHartl.321.mcz>
>
>> Am 18.10.2016 um 10:37 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I only received a config for Grease :)
>> In my haste, I did not check you need Seaside :)
>>
>> Right now, I’m a bit too busy so until someone can provide a working config, it will have to wait.
>>
>> cheers
>> Johan
>>
>>> On 18 Oct 2016, at 10:19, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> You uploaded ConfigurationOfGrease but not Seaside. Mistake?
>>>
>>> Norbert

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Tobias Pape

On 18.10.2016, at 16:00, Martin Dias <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After the recent change in metacelloPlatformAttributes, we're having some problems in Voyage in Pharo6, and I investigated a bit.
>
> Voyage loads Magritte3 Core stable, which uses
> - #version351: and
> - #baseline330ForPharo:
>
> These methods contain spec declarations such as #(#'pharo3.x' #'pharo4.x' #'pharo5.x'). So I guess we should add #'pharo6.x' to the list and it will just start working again. To do that, I suppose it's fine to just modify #version351: and #baseline330ForPharo:, right? I mean, no need to create a #version352:only because of that.

No, please _do_ create a new version.
The old versions should stay immutable as far as possible.

Best regards
        -Tobias

> regards,
> Martin
>

> On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Le 18/10/2016 à 10:11, Johan Brichau a écrit :
> > I uploaded the changes by Christophe. If it does not work, let me know. I did not try.
> >
> > cheers
> > Johan
> >
> > ps: right now the configuration is identical for pharo5.x and pharo6.x. If things start to fail for Pharo 6, we need to make another baseline to not break the configuration for pharo 4 and pharo 5
> >

> Hi!
>
> I could load Seaside but when I start the adaptor and go to
> localhost:8080 I get an error[1] `receiver of #from:to: is nil`.
> There is some error on Jenkin's logs that where not here before[2].
>

> [1] http://puu.sh/rN9fV/780adbcfe0.png
> [2] http://puu.sh/rN9rb/dd9de6776a.png
>
> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
>
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: [Pharo-users] [Seaside] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Johan Brichau-2

On 18 Oct 2016, at 16:36, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

(ConfigurationOfAster project version: #development) load

There are issues with this ‘old’ way of Metacello loading. Can you try:

Metacello new
configuration:’Aster’;
version: #development;
load.

(Maybe you need to add the repo to, don’t know).

Cheers
Johan

Re: [Pharo-users] [Seaside] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Johan Brichau-2
Done!

Looked good to me, but I did not test.
If anyone experiences errors, let me know!

Johan

On 20 Oct 2016, at 11:39, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Johan,

can you please upload the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 I've sent in this thread?

thanks,

Norbert

On 18 Oct 2016, at 16:57, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

No, please _do_ create a new version.
The old versions should stay immutable as far as possible.

Given that it’s only adding the new platform attributes because pharo6 removed it’s pharo5 attribute, I think this is OK.
Am I missing anything?

However, for _any_ change that needs to occur in the future in orde to be pharo6 compatible, then YES, a new version and baseline _must_ be written.

cheers
Johan

Re: [Pharo-users] [Seaside] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Johan Brichau-2
I feel you pain.
It is vastly underestimated how much work is required to keep up with upgrades that break backwards compatibility, from OS upgrades to Pharo upgrades and everything in between…
Then again, the omelet does not make itself and certainly not without breaking the eggs ;)

Johan

On 18 Oct 2016, at 17:29, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks, that worked. Feels really strange encountering this. So one cannot use the commandline handler for loading a configuration anymore. Sad! The same way sad as you cannot use versionner anymore when you start to use BaselineOf instead of ConfigurationOf.
This is not a complaint because I can understand why this happens. It is just that we need more energy to solve all this than we have. Sad!

Norbert

Am 18.10.2016 um 17:20 schrieb Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>:

On 18 Oct 2016, at 16:36, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

(ConfigurationOfAster project version: #development) load

There are issues with this ‘old’ way of Metacello loading. Can you try:

Metacello new
configuration:’Aster’;
version: #development;
load.

(Maybe you need to add the repo to, don’t know).

Cheers
Johan

Re: [Pharo-users] Seaside can not be used with Pharo 60261

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 20/10/16 19:37, Johan Brichau wrote:

>> On 18 Oct 2016, at 16:57, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]
>> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> No, please _do_ create a new version.
>> The old versions should stay immutable as far as possible.
>
> Given that it’s only adding the new platform attributes because pharo6
> removed it’s pharo5 attribute, I think this is OK.
> Am I missing anything?
>
> However, for _any_ change that needs to occur in the future in orde to
> be pharo6 compatible, then YES, a new version and baseline _must_ be
> written.

That is consistent with the way we dealt with the move from pharo4 to 5.

Stephan