Re: [Pharo-users] Smacc debugger

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-users] Smacc debugger

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

It is actually the economic reasoning that prevailed here.

John was willing to invest effort to both work with and benefit from the Moose/GT environment. The consequence was that he built the GT extensions for SmaCC while Andrei and I offered a bit of support. In this process, we also got updates and fixes to several grammars that are now shipped with Moose.

Furthermore, as John is the primary author of SmaCC it only makes sense that he gets to control what he maintains.

As for the repository, I asked him kindly to keep it in SmalltalkHub at the beginning to make the integration with Moose cheaper and easier. Now, that the GitHub solution grows we can certainly consider moving it together with the rest of Moose.

As for the need to have a fork of SmaCC, I think there is little need for that and John was always responsive to requests.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."