Re: [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

Re: [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

Tudor Girba-2
This might be how super linear growth feels like once you pass the bending point.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

Peter Uhnak
Hi,

just couple minor details I've noticed:

I'm looking at website, and it says Jan 2018 twice.

02/01/2018 - Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018
01/10/2018 - Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018

Also going inside the newsletter, it doesn't actually say for what what period it is, e.g. https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?u=6f667565c2569234585a7be77&id=429297434e I would expect a title "Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018" or something like that --- this doesn't matter when it arrives my inbox, but looking back at the older mails it is not clear from the content when it was (but maybe it is intentional).

Peter

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

Marcus Denker-4

On 14 Mar 2018, at 09:51, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

just couple minor details I've noticed:

I'm looking at website, and it says Jan 2018 twice.

02/01/2018 - Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018
01/10/2018 - Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018

Yes, this is a mistake that I did and I do now know if I can fix it (and how). The newsletter had the correct subject, but
the “campaign” the wrong name.

Also going inside the newsletter, it doesn't actually say for what what period it is, e.g. https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?u=6f667565c2569234585a7be77&id=429297434e I would expect a title "Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018" or something like that --- this doesn't matter when it arrives my inbox, but looking back at the older mails it is not clear from the content when it was (but maybe it is intentional).

Ah, ok. Yes, I will add a header in the future.

Marcus

--
www.tudorgirba.com
www.feenk.com

"Value is always contextual."

On 14 Mar 2018, at 09:56, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 14 Mar 2018, at 09:51, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

just couple minor details I've noticed:

I'm looking at website, and it says Jan 2018 twice.

02/01/2018 - Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018
01/10/2018 - Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018

Yes, this is a mistake that I did and I do now know if I can fix it (and how). The newsletter had the correct subject, but
the “campaign” the wrong name.

I will contact Mailchimp support. We have so many subscribers that we have to pay $20 each month now, but in turn this means we get support.

Also going inside the newsletter, it doesn't actually say for what what period it is, e.g. https://us11.campaign-archive.com/?u=6f667565c2569234585a7be77&id=429297434e I would expect a title "Pharo Newsletter Jan 2018" or something like that --- this doesn't matter when it arrives my inbox, but looking back at the older mails it is not clear from the content when it was (but maybe it is intentional).

Ah, ok. Yes, I will add a header in the future.
I added it already to the March Newsletter.

Marcus

Re: [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

Marcus Denker-4

On 14 Mar 2018, at 19:02, Esteban A. Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Do we have any metrics on the number of visits we get on the pharo.org
website, which parts are the most visited, etc?

Yes, we have Google Analytics installed… but I did not look at it for a long time.
It is no that spectacular… 200-300 users per day.
But there is not much reason to visit it often, so a large part of that are real new visitors.

The same regarding web downloads, and so on. I understand that CI can
distort download count if using only access logs, but certainly if we
count a download through the webpage as a "conversion" (and track it
somehow) we would have a better idea how big this is becoming.

The new files.pharo.org keeps logs for one day…

So for today: 17.98 GB transfer until now (not even half day), so around 25 to 30GB per day.

But CI is really a lot… it is not only the CI of Pharo itself, but others, too.

E.g. just the ZWEIDENKER Jenkins builds quite often…

Tracking the real downloads would be a better way, yes.

What I would like to have is a way to count “currently running images”.
But I guess adding that by default (like all mobile apps now do) would not
be wanted.. but one could add some config option.

I want that for the Zweidenker pharo images: right now it is easy to count by counting the
processes on the virtual beta-swarm and doubling (for production). But soon production
will scale up and beta down *and* there will be a alpha swarm…

But back to your point and as a bystander these days, it is very hard
to be aware of everything that's going on in the Pharo world, and not
because of the associated noise, because there is actually a lot of
things going on. :)

It is interesting!

Marcus

Re: [Pharo-users] Something is happening...

Nicolas Anquetil

On 15/03/2018 10:31, Marcus Denker wrote:
[...]
What I would like to have is a way to count “currently running images”.
But I guess adding that by default (like all mobile apps now do) would not
be wanted.. but one could add some config option.

spotter has it and nobody complained as it is off by default (not sure how much people turned it on)

nicolas
--
Nicolas Anquetil
RMod team -- Inria Lille