Re: [Pharo-users] TestSprinter

Stéphane Ducasse
icons to see which tests failed since last run and a summary

previous run: current:
        150 green 149 green
        2 failure 2 failutres
                                                1 errors

could be presented differently

On Sep 3, 2010, at 12:31 AM, Benjamin Van Ryseghem wrote:

> Hello everybody
>
> I'm now working on a new Test Runner tool and I wonder which behaviours do you want me to implement.
>
> For now, I want the Test Sprinter to be able to :
>     - search through packages and classes thanks to search fields.
>     - browse the hierarchy from packages to test methods (with icons).
>     - create groups of tests easily re-runnable.
>
> If you have any ideas, I'm waiting for them ;)
>

> Thank you
>

> Ben _______________________________________________
> Pharo-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/pharo-users

Re: [Pharo-users] TestSprinter

Lukas Renggli
> icons to see which tests failed since last run and a summary
>
> previous run:                   current:
>        150 green                               149 green
>        2 failure                               2 failutres
>                                                1 errors
>
> could be presented differently

I doubt that this is useful within an image. I run different sub-sets
of my tests far too often to see something meaningful between the
current and previous run.

Hudson shows the deltas of errors/failures/passes and added/removed
tests between builds in various graphs and tables.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-users] TestSprinter

Stéphane Ducasse
ask marcus when he is running OPAL tests.
And I need that when I integrate because there are ALWAYS broken tests and right now I have to remember the list
or open two images.

Lukas not everybody has the chances to work on system with not broken tests.

Stef

>> icons to see which tests failed since last run and a summary
>>
>> previous run:                   current:
>>        150 green                               149 green
>>        2 failure                               2 failutres
>>                                                1 errors
>>
>> could be presented differently
>
> I doubt that this is useful within an image. I run different sub-sets
> of my tests far too often to see something meaningful between the
> current and previous run.
>
> Hudson shows the deltas of errors/failures/passes and added/removed
> tests between builds in various graphs and tables.

sure but do I want to want 20 minutes for a run to be scheduled on a server I do not control?

> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [Pharo-users] TestSprinter

Lukas Renggli
>> Hudson shows the deltas of errors/failures/passes and added/removed
>> tests between builds in various graphs and tables.
>
> sure but do I want to want 20 minutes for a run to be scheduled on a server I do not control?

Of course you should be in control of the build server.

My point is that the meaning of 'previous run' is ambiguous:

- What is the meaning of 'previous run' if the set of tests changes?
- What happens if you accidentally run the tests?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch