Re: [Pharo-users] ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

Re: [Pharo-users] ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

CyrilFerlicot
Le 06/10/2017 à 13:02, kmo a écrit :

> I was trying to Soup on Windows 7 and found I could not access https sites
>
> On windows 7 and 10 the following code fails:
>
> ZnEasy get:'https://genius.com/Alice-nuvole-lyrics'.
>
> This works fine in Pharo 5 on Windows. Also works fine with Pharo 6.1 (32
> bit) on Linux.
>
> The problem is Pharo 6.1 on Windows.
>
> The error is:
>
> "SSL/TLS plugin initialization failed (VM plugin missing ? OS libraries
> missing ?)"
>
> I know that his has been seen on Linux in the past - see
> http://forum.world.st/SSL-TLS-plugin-initailization-failed-VM-plugin-missing-OS-libraries-missing-td4945857.html
>
> I'm running the latest vm and 6.1 image.
>

> --

I just saw that Windows Defender consider this plugin as a Trojan and
delete it.

Name of the menace: Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Should this be reported on Pharo's issue tracker or on opensmalltalk one?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: [Pharo-users] ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

Stephane Ducasse-3
both now I do not see what we can do if a third party tools consider
that we are a virus.

Le 06/10/2017 à 18:32, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :
> both now I do not see what we can do if a third party tools consider
> that we are a virus.

Done.

I don't know how to not be detected but Windows Defender is the default
anti-virus on windows. The majority of windows user use it now. If it is
possible to improve this, it would be cool. Maybe someone has experience
in that area?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu
2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: [Pharo-users] ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

Tim Mackinnon
Can we not contact the windows defender team and find a way to improve their detection? Presumably the signature they are finding is not good enough?

Doesn’t one of the Dolphin guys work at MS - or does someone in our network have a contact?

Tim

> On 6 Oct 2017, at 17:54, Cyril Ferlicot D. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le 06/10/2017 à 18:32, Stephane Ducasse a écrit :
>> both now I do not see what we can do if a third party tools consider
>> that we are a virus.
>>

> Done.
>
> I don't know how to not be detected but Windows Defender is the default
> anti-virus on windows. The majority of windows user use it now. If it is
> possible to improve this, it would be cool. Maybe someone has experience
> in that area?
>

> --
> Cyril Ferlicot
> https://ferlicot.fr
>
> http://www.synectique.eu
> 2 rue Jacques Prévert 01,
> 59650 Villeneuve d'ascq France

Re: [Pharo-users] ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

Ben Coman
First pass approximation...
* https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission

cheers -ben