Re: [Pharo-users] pharo location include korean charactor then look is not good.

1 message Options

Re: [Pharo-users] pharo location include korean charactor then look is not good.

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
I made the following quick changes:

UnixEnvironment>>#environAt: index
        ^ (self environ at: index) ifNotNil: [ :string | string asByteArray utf8Decoded ]

OSPlatform>>#currentWorkingDirectoryPathWithBuffer: aByteString
        <primitive: 'primitiveGetCurrentWorkingDirectory' module: '' error: ec>

        ^ (self getPwdViaFFI: aByteString size: aByteString size)
                ifNotNil: [ :string | string asByteArray utf8Decoded ]
                ifNil:[ self error:'Insufficient buffer size to read current working directory: ' , aByteString size asString]

But actually almost any string coming from the VM seems wrong (i.e. should be further UTF-8 decoded):

SmalltalkImage>>#[prim]ImagePath

and #vmFileName basically probably every call VirtualMachine>>#getSystemAttribute:

what a mess ...