Re: Pier 3 image editor fails with MNU: JQTabs>>onSelect:

Re: Pier 3 image editor fails with MNU: JQTabs>>onSelect:

DiegoLont
Hi John,

Thanks for spotting this and providing a fix.

I could not find your user, so I committed your fix myself. I also updated the configuration of Seaside, such that version 3.1.2 of Seaside3 now contains this fix. As this is the development version and Pier depends on the stable (released) version, it will take a bit before this fix is actually included in the build you mention.

Cheers,
Diego

On 15 Jun 2014, at 21:40, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:

The latest image from https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3Addons/PHARO=30,VERSION=release3.1,VM=vm/ starts fine, but when editing a page it fails with the error:

Contents:

MessageNotUnderstood: JQTabs>>onSelect:

Your request could not be completed. An exception occurred.

Attached is a fix, would anyone have access to add write permissions for me to http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside31/main/ ?

Thanks,

John

<JQuery-UI-JohnCBorden.90.mcz>_______________________________________________
Magritte, Pier and Related Tools ...

Re: Pier 3 image editor fails with MNU: JQTabs>>onSelect:

Johan Brichau-2
Hi John, Diego,

Seaside 3.1.1 comes with jQuery UI 1.9
JQuery-UI 1.9+ does _not_ support the onSelect: event. [1]

This method was therefore intentionally removed and may not be added again.

best regards
Johan

[1] http://api.jqueryui.com/tabs/

On 16 Jun 2014, at 09:15, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for spotting this and providing a fix.
>
> I could not find your user, so I committed your fix myself. I also updated the configuration of Seaside, such that version 3.1.2 of Seaside3 now contains this fix. As this is the development version and Pier depends on the stable (released) version, it will take a bit before this fix is actually included in the build you mention.
>
> Cheers,
> Diego
>
> On 15 Jun 2014, at 21:40, John Borden <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The latest image from https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3Addons/PHARO=30,VERSION=release3.1,VM=vm/ starts fine, but when editing a page it fails with the error:
>>
>> Contents:
>> MessageNotUnderstood: JQTabs>>onSelect:
>>
>> Your request could not be completed. An exception occurred.
>>
>> Attached is a fix, would anyone have access to add write permissions for me to http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/Seaside31/main/ ?
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>>
>> <JQuery-UI-JohnCBorden.90.mcz>_______________________________________________
>> Magritte, Pier and Related Tools ...

Re: Pier 3 image editor fails with MNU: JQTabs>>onSelect:

DiegoLont
Hi Johan,

I did not know that. So this means, we need a different fix for the problem in the Pier site. I see Johan has reverted the change for JQuery, I now did this for the configuration.

John,

Can you make a fix in the Pier add-on? If you give me your username on smalltalkhub I will add you to the pier team.

Regards,
Diego

On 16 Jun 2014, at 09:54, Diego Lont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I did not know that. So this means, we need a different fix for the problem in the Pier site.

Yes, you need to update to jQuery 1.11 or 2.1.0 and jQuery-UI 1.10
The jQuery site has very good documentation on all that. I merely updated the Seaside bindings to reflect the changed API.

Would it help if we make separate jQuery groups in the configuration so you choose which version to load?
That might make it easier to get the Seaside upgrades without pulling in the changed jQuery bindings.

seaside-dev mailing list