Re: Pier and problems with files (again)

Re: Pier and problems with files (again)

Dennis Schetinin

2009/7/31 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano!
Try using the Browse command.

As always, John giving me the light ;)

Yeah!!! That did the trick. As I cannot go to that file, I went to the parent and used the browse command and all the childs were also listed. Then I selected the child (the file I wanted to remove) and I removed!!!

Yes, that works. But the problem is still there: unable to manage files (pictures for example) like other ('usual') components. The picture is just rendered as is, without any Pier tools around. How can I fix this?

--
Dennis Schetinin

Re: Pier and problems with files (again)

Lukas Renggli
When you link *picture.png* a file it is linked and directly downloaded.

When you embed a file +picture.png+ it is embedded into the page.

To navigate to the file structure you have to through the browse view
or directly type the edit URL. I know that this is not that
convenient, but I haven't found a different solution yet to
accommodate these 3 use-cases.

Lukas

2009/11/19 Dennis Schetinin <[hidden email]>:

> 2009/7/31 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM, John McKeon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mariano!
>>> Try using the Browse command.
>>
>> As always, John giving me the light ;)
>>
>> Yeah!!! That did the trick. As I cannot go to that file, I went to the
>> parent and used the browse command and all the childs were also listed. Then
>> I selected the child (the file I wanted to remove) and I removed!!!
>>

> Yes, that works. But the problem is still there: unable to manage files
> (pictures for example) like other ('usual') components. The picture is just
> rendered as is, without any Pier tools around. How can I fix this?
>
> --
> Dennis Schetinin

Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

2009/11/19 Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]>
When you link *picture.png* a file it is linked and directly downloaded.

When you embed a file +picture.png+ it is embedded into the page.

To navigate to the file structure you have to through the browse view
or directly type the edit URL. I know that this is not that
convenient, but I haven't found a different solution yet to
accommodate these 3 use-cases.

Lukas

Yes, this works, thank you very much! :)

--
Dennis Schetinin