Re: Pier permissions problem

1 message Options

Re: Pier permissions problem

Lukas Renggli-2
> Having added a subclass of PRPage, I cant add one in pier due to a
> permissions error.

If you are logged in as administrator this should work.

> Now I understand that an existing page's permissions would not be
> aware of the new class. So I added a new PRPage first, then
> attempted to add the new page type to that. Still no go. So I set a
> halt in PUSecurity-validateCommand: to investigate further.
>
> It appears that the ownerPermissions set is being created with nils
> in the first couple of slots. This results in #includes: returning
> false before it finds the PUAddPermission that it is looking for in
> slot 4  (in this instance).

The permissions (Unix Security) of new pages inherit from their
parent. Since no structure knows about the 'add new xxx permission'
this won't give you that permission either. You have to explicitly
add this permission using the security commands to have it useable
from a non-admin user.

> The code in the above repository simply converts the sets to arrays
> before the #includes: test and all is fine.

I don't understand how this could help?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli